Birchbox wants us to feel like stars by using Red Carpet-worthy products! No, we can't all be movie starts. However, we all deserve some great products that make us feel glamorous!
More about Birchbox: One of my Favorite Beauty Sample Subscriptions!
Have you not heard of Birchbox, or would you just like to find out more? Well then here is the scoop if you would like a subscription for yourself: For only $10.00 per month, you get deluxe high-end beauty and lifestyle product samples delivered right to your door. Each box contains about 4-5 samples plus a small lifestyle extra or two. The boxes are so cute and incredibly fun! It is like getting a little present in your mailbox each month. :) With a subscription, you get your fabulous Birchbox and full access to the Birchbox website (with tips, tutorials, articles, videos, product info, and shopping)! Review your Birchbox items and earn points on the Birchbox website! Plus, if you refer friends, you can earn points for that, too.
I have been a Birchbox subscriber for 2 years (OMG! Crazy!!!). I have reviewed each and every Birchbox that I have gotten! So, if you are curious to know the exact deets about what is inside. Please feel free to go through and read my previous Birchbox "Box Opening" post! Here they all are! Whew! Birchbox Introduction Post, Jan 2011 Birchbox, Feb 2011 Birchbox, March 2011 Birchbox, April 2011 Birchbox, May 2011 Birchbox, June 2011 Birchbox, July 2011 Birchbox, August 2011 Birchbox, Sept 2011 Birchbox, Oct 2011 Birchbox, Nov 2011 Birchbox, December 2011 Birchbox, January 2012 Birchbox, February 2012 Birchbox, and the March 2012 Teen Vogue Birchbox, April 2012 Birchbox Box Opening, May 2012 Gossip Girl Birchbox Box opening, June 2012 Birchbox, July 2012 Birchbox, August 2012 Back to School Birchbox, September 2012 Birchbox, October 2012 "Goop" Birchbox, November 2012 Birchbox, and December 2012 Birchbox, January 2013 Birchbox.
Find out what is inside the February 2013 Red Carpet Ready Birchbox!!!
Birchbox February 2013: Red Carpet Ready
Inside the box:
- Dr. Lipp | Original Nipple Balm for Lips (sample size .1 fl oz, full size cost: $14.50): As a nursing Mom myself, I happen to know all about nipple creams! They even told me in the hospital that I could use it on my dry lips when they handed me a sample tube of Lanolin ointment. It is true! Nipple creams are amazing lip moisturizers! It was just a matter of time before they started repackaging them and marketing them for lips. It really is a great concept. Nipple creams have to be very natural because your sweet baby might ingest a bit of product. So, you know that any nipple cream inspired balm would be super safe to use on your own lips. Great concept! I am happy to have this little sample.
- Juicy Couture | Couture La La (small glass spray vial, full size cost: $19.90): I know, another perfume sample from Birchbox! I am a fan of Juicy Couture scents. So, I know that I will get some good use out of this one. However, I have a bad cold right now and can't smell anything. Looking forward to testing this out whenever I can smell again, lol! For now, here is the scent description from Birchbox: a stunning mix of mandarin, red current, lily, and orange blossom.
- the Bam cosmetics | Mary-Lou Manizer (1.0 g sample, full size cost $24): I LOVE theBalm!!! Actually, the Balm has become one of my favorite brands!!! Their eye shadows and blushes (in particular) are amazing!!! So, I am just thrilled that there was a theBalm sample included in this box. Especially since it was for an item that I don't have already! This gorgeous champagne shimmer powder can be used as a shadow, highligher, or all-over-shimmer. The texture is amazing!!!
- TIGI | Rockaholic Fun Times Flexible Hold Hairspray (2.3 oz sample, full size cost $20.50): What great timing!!! I ran out of travel hairspray during my last weekend away! So, I am going to toss this goodie into my travel bag for my next trip!!! Yay! I have never tried TIGI's hairsprays before. So, I am excited as I am already a fan of the brand.
- Birchbox Treat: Ghirardelli Chocolate: While I would have loved to eat this, it melted during delivery. Oh well!!! It can be tricky mailing chocolate to GA (even in the winter).
My fellow Birchboxers, what did you get this month?
note: referral links included in post