Happy Birthday Birchbox!!!
Its time for my monthly Birchbox Box Opening post! As many of you know, I love detailing my monthly Birchboxes for you readers. It is always so fun to receive these beautifully packaged monthly treats and to open them up *with* you! Its just so fun!!! I am super excited about this box as it is Birchboxes "One Year Anniversary" box...curious yet?
Not familiar with Birchbox?
Birchbox provides a members-only monthly beauty product sample subscription. It is a fabulous way to explore and sample new high end brands and products with a minimal financial commitment. That's right...it is only $10.00 per month for 4-5 deluxe sized samples a month. Not only are these samples fabulous, but they come beautifully packaged!!! I am a sucker for great packaging! ;) These little sample sizes are nice for product testing or for just having a portable travel/purse sized product!
With a membership, you get access to a members only site with great beauty articles and tips for how to use the products, shopping on the Birchbox site (free shipping for the current items in the Birchboxes!), and the best part: when you review products on the Birchbox site...you earn points towards free full-sized products! I always find that the benefits of my $10.00 monthly subscription far outweigh the cost! Not to mention that I have discovered some great new brands and new favorite products from my Birchboxes!
Well, If you haven't already, be sure to check out some of my previous Birchbox posts: Birchbox Introduction Post, Jan 2011 Birchbox, Feb 2011 Birchbox, March 2011 Birchbox, April 2011 Birchbox, May 2011 Birchbox, June 2011 Birchbox, July 2011 Birchbox, and August 2011 Birchbox.
To find out more about the Septemeber 2011 Birchbox, keep reading this article after the jump!
Birchbox Turns One Year Old!
That's right! Birchbox is now One Year Old! Birchbox started a year ago with aims to help women discover the best in beauty. Happy Birthday Birchbox! I have been a subscriber/member since January of 2011. I have honestly enjoyed all my Birchboxes and will continue to look forward to this monthly treat for a long time to come!
Now, this box isn't "bigger" than usual (as you might think with an anniversary box). The idea is that Birchbox wanted to just fill this month's boxes with Birchbox Favorites. So, these are their tried and true favorites. So, how did they do this? In 4 categories: Efficient, Polished, Prepared, and Classic.
So,what was in the box?
Lets just get right to it, shall we?
- Efficient: Befine | Night Cream ($30.00 for full size 1.7 oz, sample size=.5 fl oz.): This is the 2nd time that I have had the opportunity to sample a Befine product through Birchbox! This is a lush cream, with cocoa to spur circulation and healing rice bran, to help us get our beauty sleep in more ways in more ways than one. I am looking forward to testing this out. I like that this product is non-scented.
- Polished: Jouer | Lip Enhancer ($14.00 for a .33 fl oz full size, sample size=.07 fl oz): I struggle with dry lips. So, I am eager to test this out! The tube is very tiny. But, it appears to be very concentrated. Why settle for plain ol' lip balm when you can hydrate, plump, and condition all in one go?
- Prepared: Jurlique | Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer ($15.00 for a 5.9 fl oz full size, sample size = 1.7 fl oz): As someone who uses hand sanitizers multiple times every day (I work with very young children), it is kinda hard to get too excited about hand sanitizers. But, after just one whiff of this yummy scent, I know knew I would love it! While most hand sanitizers have a medicinal or fruity scent to them, this one just smells like a luxury spa product! Nice herbal-like scent. I will enjoy using this. A must for any urban adventure, Jurlique's sanitizer neutralizes bacteria with Australian mint and hydrates with safflower oil.
- Classic: Salvadore Ferragamo | Attimo L'Eau Florale ($85.00 for a 3.4 fl oz full size, sample size .05 fl oz): This is one of those tiny perfume samples attached to a folded card. This sample has a little spray nozzle (I always like those types better). I would have preferred this as an "extra". But, I am glad it was included as it really does smell lovely. The designer's latest scent taps into our sophisticated side wit delicate peony and jasmine.
- Birchbox Extra/Treat: Birchbox Friendship Bracelet: This is cute and charming. As a "thank you" from Birchbox for their birthday, they are including this red cord friendship bracelet. It has a little Birchbox logo shaped silver square charm. The cord is adjustable. I am not sure how much I will wear this, but it is a cute idea. Thanks Birchbox!
Fellow Birchboxers, what did this month's box bring to you? I am always curious to compare!
Thanks for reading!