Am I a teen, lol! not by a long-shot (but I sure do feel like one most of the time...we are only as young as we feel, right?). But, I do tend to lean towards "trendy" makeup at times. So, I knew that I would love the products included in this box. Birchbox sent an email last month where subscribers could either elect to receive the special Teen Vogue Birchbox or they could get the regular box. Well, seeing the contents of this box, I am *so glad* that I decided to go for it! This box is totally a hit in my book!
Are you wondering "what is Birchbox"? It is a monthly beauty sample subscription ($10 monthly) for deluxe beauty samples delivered right to your door! Birchbox includes 4-5 deluxe sized beauty samples based on your beauty profile. You can earn points towards discounts on the Birchbox site by providing feedback for the items and referring friends. The Birchbox site has a ton of great info. More than anything else, this beauty sample subscription is just so darn fun! It is like getting a little present in the mail every month. What beauty girl doesn't like that!?!? Rather than going into any more detail here about the Birchbox service, I will direct you to some of my previous posts: Birchbox Introduction Post, Jan 2011 Birchbox, Feb 2011 Birchbox, March 2011 Birchbox, April 2011 Birchbox, May 2011 Birchbox, June 2011 Birchbox, July 2011 Birchbox, August 2011 Birchbox, Sept 2011 Birchbox, Oct 2011 Birchbox, and Nov 2011 Birchbox. I have been a subscriber for well over a year now and it is just so much fun!
Okay, so now lets get to it! What is in the Teen Vogue Birchbox?
This Teen Vogue Birchbox is probably the *best Birchbox yet*!!! I mean, sure, there have been some months where the items have been bettter than others. But, overall, I have been pretty satisfied with all my previous Birchboxes. The value of the Birchbox always far outweighs the $10 cost. I have been introduced to new brands and even purchased many items or items from brands that I learned about from Birchbox. Some of my favorite things that I have ordered: my Stila's Custom Color Blush, Laura Gellar's Blush and Brighten, Zoya's Remove Plus...just to name a few! I can't wait to dig into this box to see if I will find a new favorite beauty item!
- Annick Goutal | Petite Cherie (small perfume sample vial, full size cost: $85): No, I am not crazy about these little tiny perfume sample vials...*but* when included with other great samples, I don't mind. This perfume really does smell so pretty! I am in the market for a new fragrance, and after smelling this, I might consider buying some! So, it turns out I am actually happy that they included it. The scent is lovely. A blend of fresh fruity notes and musk, this French fragrance is the definition of understated chic.
- essie | luxeffects multi-dimensional top coat (FULL SIZED! Whoo-hoo!!! Retails for $8.00): Thank you Birchbox for including a *full sized* polish from one of my all-time fav polish brands! I am absolutely trilled with this pretty polish! I got the "set in stones" shade in my Birchbox, which is a silver glitter. I am a huge fan of glitter. Funny enough, I have been eyeing these essie glitter topcoats and was planning on getting one. I really love this one and am certainly going to pick up another color. I am a believer in glitter for every-day wear. What better place than on your nails? Essie polishes are of awesome quality...and this one packs on a ton of glitter to boot! Layer this glittery top coat onto any polish for an eye-catching look. Stay tuned to my blog as I will post a NOTD with this!
- Shiseido | Pureness Oil-Control Blottting Papers (sample size: 10 sheets, full sized with 100 sheets $18.00): Wow! Another great sample. I am a user of blotting papers (usually use clean & clear's). So, I am excited to try these out! Shiseido is a brand that I turn to for concealers and skincare; but, I have never tried these. Excited! This 10-pack is the perfect size for my purse or diaper bag. These mattifying tissues are coated with transparent rice powder to leave your skin perfectly shine-free.
- tarte | LipSurgence lip tint: (OMG! Another *full sized* product!!! Full-size is $24.00): OMflippinG! Another full-sized makeup item. Birchbox, you are making me swoon here! Okay, so not only is it another full-sized item, but also an item that I have been scoping out online! Tarte is a brand known for lip and cheek stains. This is a stain in pencil form. How cool! I got the shade "amused" which is a pretty and bright pink with a minty scent. This long-lasting stain adds rich pigment and is designed to boost the moisture levels in your lips. I will be doing a full review on this after I get a chance to test it out for awhile!
- twistband | Hair Tie: Yay for another twistband hair tie!!! This is a repeat Birchbox extra for me. I got a black twistband in one of my previous boxes (funny enough, my pony tail today is being held by that same black twistband!). I just love these. They are a "more sophisticated" and cuter version of a typical hair tie. I love that they don't snag your hair. I got a fluorescent lime green one in this month's box and I just placed my order for some more on Birchbox.com!
- ModCloth Exclusive Offer: Birchbox included a card with a discount code. Curious to check out this site!
- Teen Vogue Subscription discount offer: No, I am not a teen, but I might actually use this subscription discount (if not for me, than certainly for my pre-teen niece)! 20 issues for $10 is a great deal!
Here is to hoping for more Teen Vogue Birchboxes in the future...or other Birchboxes with a magazine theme. Loved it!!! Between offers like this special edition Teen Vogue Birchbox and the recent Vichy Sponsored Box, Birchbox will continue to outshine the other sample boxes out there (and keep my business for sure!).
Other Birchboxers, did you opt for the Teen Vogue Birchbox this month? How did you like it? Or, if you got the "regular" Birchbox, what was in it?
I pay for my Birchbox subscription.
I can earn points towards product discounts
with referrals (and you can too if you sign up!)