Hello there dear readers! Here I am with the last of my Wet n' Wild (WnW) Holiday Palettes reviews! Please see my previous posts for the WnW Sugar Plum Fairy review and the WnW Night Elf reviews. This review is for the WnW Color Icon Holiday Palette in Golden Goddess.
While I find all the WnW Color Icon Holiday Palettes to be of extremely high quality for a drugstore brand, this is my least used palette amongst the group. This is due largely to the fact that this particular palette is just a tad "too warm" for my generally neutral-cool coloring (some of the shadows look down-right orange on me, not a good look!). I find that to make these shadows wearble on my complexion, I need to add other shadows from my eyeshadow collection to tone down the warmth and make the overall eye-look that I create more wearable. With that said, there really are some beautiful colors in this palette!
- As with all the WnW Color Icon Holiday Palettes, the quality of the shadow is just phenomenal for a drugstore brand (not to mention a very *inexpensive* drugstore brand). Such fantastic quality for the low $4.99 price tag!!!
- If you are a warm-toned girl, then you MUST pick up this palette. Women with cooler skin tones might have more trouble pulling off some of these shades. I found 3 of these shades to be wearable on my neutral-cool coloring with the other 3 shadows looking either too yellow or too orange on me. But, don't let me totally dissuade you! I think the palette is still worth it for the 3 shadows that I can wear.
- This palette, like the other WnW Color Icon Holiday palettes, is packed with shimmer, glitter, and metallic finishes. As a fan of glitter and shimmer and everything in-between, I think that this whole series of palettes is a fantastic choice for creating festive and sparkly holiday looks. While the glitter can be a negative for some, I say bring it on! Especially this time of the year. ;)
- The texture of these shadows is soft, "buttery", and totally blendable. As always, I recommend using a nice eyeshadow base (am loving Too Faced Shadow Insurance lately, but any eye primer should work to increase the vibrancy of the colors and make the shadows last all day).
- These shadows are easy to work with. They blend so easily and would be easy for a makeup beginner to apply.
- On another note, these shadows would be great for the experienced makeup aficionado, too! Or any makeup collector who can't resist those words..."Limited Edition"! LOL-you all know who you are!
- Holy Pigmentation! These shadows pack in the pigment! Just look at the swatches below!!! The whole palette is very nicely pigmented.
- My particular faves are the champagne highlighter shade (beautiful micro-fine gold sparkle), the bronze (beautiful metallic finish!), and the dark brown (it has a lovely copperish micro sparkle).
- If you want this palette...and see it, I would recommend going ahead and purchasing as these will not be available for long and are already extremely hard to find. I know I had to search for a while before finding them myself. And, if you are lucky, you will find one during those awesome 50% off sales! You readers know I *love* a good bargain!!!
In summary, I highly recommend *all* of the WnW Color Icon Holiday Palettes (well, all that I have tried...I never did pick up the Blue/Green one...but, apparently there are some MAC dupes in that one!). I am consistently impressed with the pigmentation, texture, finish, and *price* of the WnW Color Icon series (Holiday collection as well as the Permanent line). What a great value for a low price. This is a fantastic way to experiment with colors that you might not have tried otherwise at a higher price. My personal favorite of the WnW Holiday Collection is the Sugar Plum Fairy Palette. Love, love, love that one!!!
Thanks for reading!