While I no longer pay for a GLOSSYBOX subscription, I do occasionally review press samples of GLOSSYBOXes. No matter what your stance is on beauty boxes, a well researched purchase of a needed makeup item is always a good idea. If beauty box samples are just cluttering up your makeup drawers, then you might consider this challenge! :)
Some of you that have joined me in this challenge have cancelled a beauty box to do this challenge and some have not. You can certainly join in and do the challenge in addition to having a beauty subscription! Actually, I still subscribe to Birchbox (still loving) and Julep (adore!). So, no matter what your method, I think you will be thrilled with what you can do with an average of $21 a month at MAC (or any of your favorite brands)!
A few other amazing bloggers like Quinn from Mama Fashionista and Rachel from Rachel Makeup & Skincare have joined me in this challenge! Be sure to visit their links to see how they are doing on this challenge! :) Others have joined me informally with this challenge (bloggers and non-bloggers alike). If you have, please update me with how you are doing in this challenge in the comments section. :) I love to hear about what everyone else is getting!!! Anyone can join in the fun of this series anytime! Join if you like! I just as that you link back to me in your post as the creator of this challenge. :)
Build a MAC Collection using an average of $21.00 per month:
- Purchase at least one item a month: If the item is under $20, save the remainder for the next month. While there are many items priced under $20, there are plenty that are over the $20 range that can be "saved" for.
- Do a monthly blog posts for one year to share what you get. Lets see what kind of core collections we can build in a years time!
- To coordinate with my "Build a Core MAC Collection" purchases, I will also be posting "MAC Matters: From the Stash" reviews! These "stash" items are MAC items that I love that are already in my makeup collection. Some months, I will be "saving" my $21 to go towards a bigger MAC purchase. This is when you will most likely see the "stash" posts. Or, I might include a "stash" item mini review within my "Build a Core MAC Collection" posts because if you are reading this because you want to build your own MAC collection, you might enjoy reading about what I am already using and loving!
- If this series is popular, I will repeat the series with another brand upon completion of 12 months with MAC.
- If you decide to join this challenge: Please be sure to include a link back to my blog in your post crediting me as the creator of this challenge! :) Also, feel free to send me your links to your MAC Matters posts that I can include in my monthly postings.
- Note: You do not have to cancel your monthly beauty sample subscription to join in! You can certainly do this challenge *in addition* to being a beauty sample subscriber! The whole point is just to see what you can do with *the same* amount of money that you might spend on a $20 monthly beauty box. :)
This month, I decided to complete my MAC eyeshadow quad. You may remember that I am determined to create my "perfect quad" using MAC pro eyeshadow pans in a refillable 4-pan compact. I just love that I can custom build this quad! Whenever I buy a pre-made quad or larger palette, I am always wishing that the colors were slightly different. Building your own palette is the perfect solution! Sure, it has taken me 3 months now to build this palette; but, in the end, it is soooo worth the wait! :)
This month I opted for the shadow Jest to complete my quad. Jest is just beautiful!!! It is a light and shimmery soft satin peach shadow. It is the perfect shade for the lid! I always like a shimmery shadow on the lid to lighten and brighten my eyes. It is the perfect shadow to complete this quad!
- White Frost (shimmery white): for use in inner tear duct area
- Embark (deep brown, matte): to use as a liner or outer v shadow, can also use to create smokey eye
- Satin Taupe (shimmery taupe): my perfect crease shade, or outer v area
- Jest (shimmery light peach): lid shade
Building this 4-pan palette has really inspired me!!! I am thinking...after the completion of this year-long MAC Matters Challenge, I might take the following year to build up my perfect large MAC palette??? What do ya'll think???
Remainder from previous month:$1.48
March Allowance: $21.00
Total to Spend in March: $22.48
MAC Pro Pan in Jest: $12.00
Remainder for Next Month (to carry over):$10.48
Now this is the fun part, ya'll!!! Lets take a look at what I have collected since starting this challenge!!! :) I totally love and adore everything that I have gotten so far!!!
November 2012: MAC Syrup Lipstick
December 2012: MAC Well Dressed Blush
January 2013: MAC 4 Pan Shadow Palette
and MAC Pan Eye Shadow in White Frost
February 2013: MAC Pro Pan Eyeshadows in Satin Taupe and Embark
March 2013: MAC Pro Pan Eyeshadow in Jest
Be sure to check out my fellow bloggers who have joined in the Challenge! Here are some links! :) Quinn from Mama Fashionista (fellow MABB, BBC, and Blogazon girl!) and fellow Blogazon Rachael from Rachael Makeup and Skincare.
This MAC Matters Challenge is so fun! Thank you so much for following me along on this journey! As always, thanks for reading!