Image Credit: Laura Mercier PR
As ya'll know from my previous "Get the Winning Look" post, I am a huge Project Runway fan. This season looks like it is going to be so good!!! While I love the show for the fabulous fashion, amazing makeup and styling, and intense designer challenges, I must admit that the drama is pretty good too! Although, I really do like it best when everyone gets along like some past seasons.
If you haven't caught this season of Project Runway All Stars yet, be sure to tune in! The All-Stars version of the show features a new host, supermodel Carolyn Murphy, alongside series judges Isaac Mizrahi, Georgina Chapman, and mentor Joanna Coles (former Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire). Sure, the show isn't the same without Heidi, Nina, Michael, and Tim, but this All Start Judge lineup is pretty amazing! This week's guest judges were fashion designers Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra.
Partial Teaser/Spoiler Alert:
If you have not watched this week's episode, proceed with caution as the next page of this post contains a photo of the winning makeup look (but I do not reveal the winning designer's name). So, it is more of a teaser than a true spoiler. Either way, I don't want to ruin the suspense for anyone.
Check out how the Laura Mercier makeup artists created the winning look! You can recreate the look by following the steps below:
· Prep skin with Laura Mercier Mega-Moisturizer Crème SPF 15 ($50).
· Then apply Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($32) to the entire face.
· Use Laura Mercier Oil Free Suprême Foundation ($43) as a base.
· Conceal any problem areas with Laura Mercier Secret Concealer ($22).
· Apply Laura Mercier Eye Canvas ($26) on the eyelid to create an even canvas.
· Next, brush Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Burnished Copper ($22) on the eyelid.
· Then layer Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracotta ($22) over the metallic shadow.
· To make eyes pop, use Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic ($38) on the inner corner and on the brow bone.
· Line lashes with Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony ($22).
· Add the final touch using Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara ($24).
· Contour the face with Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Sun Bronze ($32).
· Apply Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lush Nectarine ($24) to the apples of the cheek.
· To complete the look, apply Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Portofino Red ($26) and then dab Laura Mercier Lip Stain in Scarlet ($20) over the top.
Any other Project Runway fans? Have you picked a favorite yet this season? Me? I am thinking Anthony Ryan so far. I really like Althea and Emilio too. So, those are my predictions thus far for the top 3! :)
Thanks for reading!