Didn't this month literally fly by? I can't believe that it is already time for my monthly Star Products post!
This month I have continued to trim down my beauty routine. It is always the mad-dash to get ready while the baby is sleeping or before my Hub leaves for work. So, I need my beauty products to be super easy to use and apply. So, I am defaulting to products that I know always look great with minimal effort. I could list so many products that fall into this category. But, for this month I am really just picking out the true stand outs that I have reached for continually this month. So, it is a short list this month. But, I think every single one of these items is just fabulous!
Also, I found some truly great new items this month! So, keep reading for some old faves and some
new ones too!
So, lets go into more detail about each Star Product!
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: Yes, a repeat performance here. I love this palette so much that I am sure it will surface in *many* Star Products posts in 2012! I have a full review of this palette scheduled to post of Feb 7th. So, be sure to check it out. I totally love this palette. I loved the first Naked palette. But, this new Naked 2 palette is more suited to my cool-toned coloring. Every single shade looks great, applies well, and I just can't go wrong with any combination of these shadows.
- L'Oreal's Infallible 24 hour eye shadow in Iced Latte: Wow! New Holy Grail product for sure! I won't go into a lot of depth here since I just did a full review: L'Oreal Infallible in Iced Latte. Be sure to check it out. In a nutshell, this is a gorgeous champagne shadow that I can apply with my fingertip for full pigmentation in one sweep. Most mornings I just swipe this over my lids and that is it! I just add some mascara and my eyes are done. That is just what this new Mommy needs! Plus, the beautiful shimmer immediately makes me look more awake. I can't wait to try some more colors from this line!
- NYC Blushable Creme Sticks (not pictured! Can I blame my sleep deprived new-Mommy brain?): Wow, these are an oldie but a goody (well, not "old", but not new either!): Yes, I have resurrected an old fave here: NYC Blushable Creme Sticks in Big Apple Blush and Plaza Pink (I love them both equally!). These had fallen to the back of my blush drawer and I have recently rediscovered them! They are so pretty and super quick and easy to apply! They always look flattering and never look overdone. I literally just dab a little on my fingertips and blend into the apples of my cheeks.
- Hard Candy's Glamoflauge: I am still totally loving this concealer. As I continue to battle with my dark circles, this concealer at least makes them barely noticeable! I still can't get over the super low price on this amazing concealer!!! As a Mommy of a 2 month infant, ya'll know I need this. So, if you don't own this yet...go get ya some! ;)
- Elizabeth Arden's 8-hour Cream Skin Protectant: Here is a product that is a "classic"...yet it is totally new to me this month. I have read amazing things about this product. Apparently Victoria Beckham can't live without it. I purchased it awhile back, but just started using it this month. Why did I wait so long? This stuff is great!!! I am honestly not that crazy about the scent...but, I am loving the results. I have this on my nightstand and I apply this at night to my lips and my cuticles. My lips are getting in better shape from using this (and the product mentioned below).
- Reviva Labs Vit E Stick: Yes, this has been mentioned in a favorite post before! I am still loving it. While I use the EA 8 hour cream at night on my lips, I use this throughout the day. I like how this product just melts right into your lips and absorbs.
- Knockout Nails System: OMG...this UV nail care system is a-ma-zing! It has totally revolutionized my nail-care routine. More than that, it is just so darn fun to use! My nail color lasts as long as I want it to (I usually change it 1-2x per week...but it *could* last up to 2 weeks with this system)...and it just looks great! I won't go into more depth because ya'll can just check out my full review: Knockout Nails UV Nail System.
Some products I purchased myself.
Others were given to me as samples.
Items were chosen because I love them
reguardless as to how I got the item.