Here I am with another Cheap Thrill article and product rave! I love these Blushable Creme Sticks from New York Color
These blush sticks are *awesome*!!! Seriously ya'll these are my fav blushes right now and the ones I reach for most often. They come in six shades in the permanent collection, but NYC has also released some limited edition shades. I have Plaza Pink (a beautiful peachy-pink) and Big Apple Blush(soft rose-pink) from the permanent collection.
Here are some swatches of Plaza Pink and Big Apple Blush. I tried to apply heavy so that you can see the color. But, obviously, you would blend the color out more on your cheeks.
- Very inexpensive product. I believe they are only $2.99 each? A total bargain!
- The packaging is totally cute. I love it that the stick itself is the color of the blush inside. Simple, but chic.
- The blush applies as a sheer color that is buildable. There is no shimmer in this product. The texture is that of a gel/cream. It glides on like a gel which makes it extremely easy to blend. You can apply with the stick itself, your fingers, or with a blush brush. I prefer to just swipe it on with my fingers to the apples of my cheeks and blend upwards and outwards along my cheekbone.
- This stick is huge! I have been using this almost every day and have hardly made a dent in the stick (a little product goes a long way. I usually just dab a little bit on my finger and then blend that out) I almost can't even imagine ever using it up.
- It is a portable size to toss in your purse for touch ups. Just be careful to not leave your purse/makeup in a hot car, as the product could melt.
- The only con for this product is that the color will every-so-slightly fade throughout the day. So, you could either apply a little heavier at first (knowing it will fade) or touch up throughout the day. Tip: To make your blush last longer, you could always layer a sheer coordinating powder blush on top. Layering cream and powder products helps the color to adhere to your face.
-Biore Skin Preservation Dual Fusion Moisturizer + SPF 30 review
-Fall Fashion wishlist