Affiliate Link Press Sample
Wilma Schumann Skincare!
Are you looking to re-vamp your skincare in 2015? Wilma Schumann sent me some great tips for your skincare "Resolutions List"!
Skincare "Resolutions List" for 2015:
- Remove your makeup, ALWAYS: This has to be one of the easiest ways to avoid breakouts yet it’s one of the main offenses in skin care. When we leave our makeup on and go to bed, we’re also leaving a few other things like street pollution, cell phone bacteria, sweat, and dead skin cells. So, as tired as you are, it’s crucial that you remove all the icky stuff and do a quick wash, even if it’s all you do.
- Add Serums to your routine: Here’s the truth about serums. If you have oily skin, an oil-free serum is all you need and can replace your moisturizer. If you have dry skin, you can add a serum before your moisturizer and having both will increase both products’ potency. Here’s why serums rule: they often have smaller molecules than creams and can be better absorbed by the skin.
- Take your Vitamin C: Vitamin C can really maximize your results when it comes to anti-aging because it’s a powerful antioxidant and prevents cell damage that is exposed to free radicals and solar radiation. Another plus of this beauty vitamin is that it increases collagen synthesis, which lowers with aging. Vitamin C also helps to even out skin tone as it lightens and brightens to reveal a more radiant complexion.
- Look for topical Hyaluronic Acid: The potent ingredient is designed to hydrate and plump the skin and when used topically there’s zero downtime needed. You can find pure Hyaluronic acid in cream, gel or masks such as Wilma Schumann Hydra-Gel Masques.
- Give your décolleté some TLC: Take care of this delicate skin that is damaged by environmental factors. It’s important to keep in mind two key words: hydration and elasticity. Since this part of the body tends to be the driest due to less oil glands, you should apply your moisturizer as soon as you step out of the shower. Also, when it comes to exfoliation, less is more for the chest area. It should also be a thicker and denser than your face cream and include SPF. Try Wilma Schumann Neck & Bust Intensiv Firming Crème.
I am super excited to dive into Wilma Schumann Skincare! I have already started testing out a few items and as far as first-impressions, I am pleased with my results! Please see below for my first impressions on these products after using for the short-term:
I am loving the Wilma Schumann Hydra-Gel Masques as a weekly moisture treatment for my skin. I have the Hydra-Gel Masque in the Deep Sea Soil version. These are single application gel masks infused with hydrating/soothing ingredients. They feel so good on your face and are so soothing! Plus, they give me an excuse to do a bit of much-needed self-pampering. I apply the mask to freshly cleansed skin about once a week in the evenings. I lie down and relax for about 15 minutes with the mask on (yes, lol, I have actually fallen asleep this way). This mask leaves my skin looking nice and plump with fine lines smoothed! The mask is super cold and wet when I put it on. I do wish that the eye hole slits were more shaped like holes. I need to tear the mask a bit to make the eye area bigger otherwise you can't see. The mask is quite adjustable. So, you can stretch it and make it fit. I find that it is really best to lie down with this mask on as it does slide a bit. This mask leaves me super hydrated and it plumps up my skin to smooth out fine lines. This truly is a spa-quality treat (in my own bathroom, yay!!!)
Wilma Schumann Oxygen Moisture Serum is fabulous, too! I love the texture and my skin just seems to drink this up. This serum really is more like a gel moisturizer than a serum. This oil-free moisturizer contains phospholipids, sphingolipids and Oxycarrier K (known for unparalleled moisturizing and antibacterial benefits).This gel serum is completely non-greasy. It absorbs into my skin instantly and seems to almost have a firming effect. During the winter (when my skin is more dry), I do need an additional moisturizer on top. However, I can see that this might be enough moisture for me, on its own, in the summer when I am more oily. I like that I can apply this to my skin and not worry about it breaking me out. In fact, with the antibacterial benefits, I think that this is actually going to help fight breakouts! Plus, I really like the packaging: a sleek little glass bottle with a pump.
What is on your Skincare Resolutions List for the New Year? Are you excited to jump into some new skincare lines? Or do you have any great skincare tips? If so, please share in the comments below!