While I wish that I could head out to the spa when I am in need of pampering, I neither have the time nor money to do so. The good news is that you can pamper yourself from Head-to-Toe at home! Actually, that is almost better than the spa when I think about it! :) Even everyday drugstore products can feel indulgent when you are just taking some time to care for yourself and unwind. While the beauty products are key ingredients, the most important thing is to de-stress! Take some time to relax! The beauty benefits of even just few minutes of relaxation are well worth it!
What are the Makeup Wars?
The Makeup Wars is a bi-weekly blogger series that I participate in. The Makeup Wars bloggers collectively pick topics to blog about. We publish our posts at precisely the same time and link up through the graphics at the top and bottom of our posts. It is always so much fun to see what products this group of top bloggers is using and loving.
To find out more details about all of the products that I chose for Beauty Pampering Head-to-Toe, please keep reading! Also, be sure to visit all of my Makeup Wars blogger friends' links on the bottom of the next page to find out what they are using and loving for home beauty pampering!!!
I have a serious love for bath and body products! Home beauty pampering is one of my favorite passtimes! Seriously, I do some sort of beauty pampering almost every evening. Typically, I do a little bit here and there. However, for this post, I choose items that you can pamper with in one evening or one day going from Head-to-Toe. These items are all things that I have been using and loving recently!
Beauty Pampering from Head-to-Toe: At Home!!!
Note: Numbering corresponds to graphic above.
1. DermOrganic Intensive Hair Repair Masque: I just love the whole argan oil based DermOrganic line! If you missed my full review, please check that out! If you only try one thing from this line, then I recommend that you try this intensive conditioner. :) This Hair Masque is designed to repair your hair while making it smoother and softer. It is enriched with antioxidants, rice keratin, argan oil, and essential lipids while being free of silicons! You can use this product for a quick treatment in your shower or you can try this: Put a little in your dry hair, twist up in a bun before your self-pampering evening bath. You can wash out the remainder in the morning when you wash your hair and shower.
2. Aveeno Stress Relief Foaming Bath: Aveeno is one of my go-to brands when it comes to drugstore bath products! My skin is sensitive and I know that I can always trust that Aveeno products will not irritate my skin. This softly scented bubble bath is such a treat! So soothing! If you like the scent of lavender, then you will love this foaming bath!
3. MaskerAide Beauty Restore Sheet Mask: No self-pampering evening is complete without a facial mask!!! I love digging into my drawer of masks to find a mask treatment specific to whatever concerns I have at the given time for my skin. My combination skin is constantly changing. Sometimes it is in need of a clarifying mask and sometimes I need moisture. It all depends! Lately I have been loving sheet masks and more specifically, the variety pack of masks from Masker Aide. Since this is an evening self-pampering treatment, I think that the "Beauty Rest'Ore" Mask is the best bet as it is designed to restore, regenerate, and repair your skin. The mask has a slight cooling effect. It leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized. I love checking my skin out the following morning after an evening sheet mask treatment: I wake up soft and hydrated skin! I love sheet masks as you can just cleanse your face before your bath and then pop one of these on right before climbing into your bathtub. The combined effects of the bath plus the facial mask will help you to relax and unwind while that stress and fatigue melts right away!
4. AmLactin Triple Action Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Foot Cream: My poor feet need so much help in the winter! They get so dry and I am so prone to calluses! Plus, I have Morton's Neuromas in both feet. So, my achy feet are always in the need of some TLC. The only foot creams that seem to work on me contain some sort of alpha-hydroxy acid. This cream helps to eliminate the rough skin while softening, moisturizing, and protecting the skin. I apply this very generously to my feet right after my bath and then cover my feet with cotton socks.
5. Shea Terra Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Mineral Bath Salts: Do you include bath salts when you take a bath? If not, you MUST! I am a recent convert to bath salts. Noting beats a good bath salt for taking away body aches and pains. Ever since discovering the power of bath salts during my pregnancy (when I could not take pain relievers), I never take a bath without including some sort of bath salt! I have so much fun mixing and matching my bath salts with whatever bubble bath I use. These Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Mineral Bath Salts from Shea Terra are so nice! They have such a lovely scent! These salts help to soak away body toxins while providing a lovely aromatherapy benefit. To use just sprinkle about a 1/4 cup of salt under the running water when starting your bath. The only downside to this product is that the container is a glass jar (and I always fear these breaking in the tub). If you are worried about that too, you can always transfer it to a bathroom-friendly container.
6. Daily Concepts Dual Texture Scrubber Sponge: I like to exfoliate my body while in the tub. This dual texture sponge from Daily Concepts is great! It has a rough texture on one side for deep exfoliation and a softer texture on the other side for areas needing only light exfoliation. The packaging is very inventive! The actual package turns into a sponge holder that sticks right to the wall in your shower or bath! It has little holes on the bottom that lets moisture run out. Also, the tag on the sponge has a replacement indicator! When the lettering fades on the tag, you know it is time to replace your sponge. No need to worry about bacteria! So cool!
7. Aveeno Positively Nourishing Shea Butter: A good moisturizer is essential post-bath! During the winter, I like using something extra rich like body butter. This body butter from Aveeno is what I am currently using. I love how it is thick and rich; yet, it is totally non-greasy! It really does smooth onto your skin like butter! After a minute, it absorbs and leaves your skin feeling ultra soft! The scent of this is just amazing! Such a "clean" smell!
8. Cleanlogic Rejuvenating Dual Temperature Gel Eye Mask: I love this gel mask from Cleanlogic! My eyes are my "trouble area". I am plagued with sensitive eyes and dark circles. My eyes almost always need some extra soothing! After my bath, I like to relax with this cooled (from the fridge) gel mask on my eyes. Actually, I keep this mask in my fridge at all times. I whip it out whenever my eyes are feeling puffy or tired. A few minutes of relaxing with this cool mask really perks me up! Tip: I actually like to lay a handkerchief under this mask so that it doesn't make my skin "too cold". Even if you don't have the time for a full self-pampering evening, you can enjoy this eye mask! It only takes a few minutes! :) Treat yourself!!!
9. Cleanlogic Green Bamboo Foot Brush and Pumice: As I mentioned, my feet need TLC! The bathtub is a great time to work on your feet. This brush gets feet and nails super clean while the pumice stone exfoliates rough callouses. I keep this foot brush from Cleanlogic in my bath area at all times! :) Love it!!!
10. Pedi-Sox: The last step in my self-pampering routine is polish for my toes! I love to have my toenails painted year-round. I know that no one will see them but it just makes me feel prettier to have my toes done! The problem: cold feet during your self-pedicure! Enter the Pedi-Sox! Have you seen these??? What a great idea!!!These are essentially socks without a toe area. I love them! I just slip on a pair whenever I want to paint my toenails. They keep my feet warm until I can put on regular socks and slippers. :)
So, that is it! My top items for Head-to-Toe Beauty Pampering at Home! I can't wait to read about what other Makeup Wars bloggers picked for their items!
Thanks for reading!
Note: Amazon affiliate links
included in post.