This limited edition new Color-To-Go kit hit the stores November 1st along with the rest of Laura Mercier's Holiday 2012 Collection. The Color-To-Go kit is available in two shades Warm Neutrals and Cool Neutrals. Since I lean more towards cooler toned, I tried out the Cool Neutrals one!
What else is available from Laura Mercier for the Holidays? Plenty! Here is the breakdown of items and prices:
- A Glamour Wardrobe Palette ($98)
- Wet/Dry Eyeshadow Trios ($48)
- Lip Glace Collection ($48)
- Mini Kohl Eye Pencil Collection ($48)
- Deluxe Travel Brush Collection ($95)
- La Petite Patisserie Quartette of body products ($50)
- Bath and Body Duo ($45)
- Bath and Body Trio ($65)
- Souffle Body Creme Sampler ($60)
- La Petite Patisserie Hand Creme Quartet ($28)
- Signature Candle ($42)
- Signature Brush Collection ($375)
- Signature Votive Candles.
Laura’s latest for on-the-go glamour is a double decker palette of classic colour essentials for eyes, cheeks & lips. $48
I am just in love with this little kit! It is literally small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. Yet, it is completely packed with everything that you might need.
Packaging and Layout:
The packaging is really smart. It is two levels to maximize space. You open the top to reveal a full size mirror underneath the lid and the products below. The top layer has 4 beautiful shadows and a removable small lipgloss. The lipgloss is about 1/3-1/2 the size of a normal lipgloss. Let me just give Laura Mercier a standing ovation here for including a gloss that is removable!!! Yay!!! My biggest complaint with palettes in general is that often they do not include removable glosses. So, this palette won me over immediately with this little removable gloss! To get to the bottom layer of the palette, you simply flip up the top layer. The blush and bronzer are underneath. Cool feature: the lipgloss is housed in a "cut out". So, when you flip up the top, the gloss stays on the bottom. Cool!
- Eye Shadows: Diamond Pink (Luster Eye Color: Love the texture of this one! So buttery!, Plum Smoke (matte): the shade is a matte lavender with a slight iridescence, Provence Purple (Sateen): medium purple with blue duochrome, Violet Asphalt (Tightline Cake Eyeliner): gorgeous dark purple with a shimmery flash of blue/pink/purple
- Lip Gloss: Raspberry Lip Glace: Sheer rosey pink gloss with vanilla-mocha type scent. It feels super moisturizing and is mega glossy.
- Bronzer: Golden Bronze: This is a gold toned bronzer with a soft luminous finish.
- Blush: Second Skin Cheek Color in Heather Pink: This is a matte bright baby pink long wearing blush.
If you are looking for a truly portable Holiday 2012 Palette, I highly recommend this Colour To-Go Kit from Laura Mercier.