A product that conditions and styles in one-step? Sounds great to me! Simply Smooth's new Xtend Keratin Reparative Magic Lotion is a dual-usage product designed to act as a light styling cream and a leave-in conditioner.
Xtend is infused with keratin. Hair products with keratin are a must for my highlighted hair! Simply Smooths Xtend claims to both extend the life of a keratin treatment as well as provide detangling benefits, smooth out the hair, provide frizz control, and to boost shine.
On any given day, I use a "cocktail" of about 3-4 hair products after shampooing and conditioning to detangle, strengthen my hair, protect it from heat damage, to style, and to add shine. I mean, really, how much would I love it if ONE product could do it all! It would save time and energy (not to mention money) to have an all-in-one product. So, I am thrilled to test out Simply Smooth's Xtend Magic Potion!
My Hair Background:
My hair is very long and heavily highlighted. While the highlights are beautiful, they really dry out and damage my hair. Salon chemical processes (like coloring or highlighting) strip hair of protein and cause damage. This damage can be combated by using good keratin/protein products. Products containing keratin/protein can strengthen the hair and prevent the breakage that often results from chemical damage. My hair is thick. But, it is also fine. So, I like hair treatments, conditioners, and styling products that provide protection and moisture without weighing hair down.
While protein and Keratin treamtents are nice (I do one every 6-8 weeks), they take a lot of time and effort. It is nice to have daily use products that are infused with keratin to use in-between deep hair protein treatments (much like how the use of a daily tanning lotion can extend the life of your fake tan).
So, I am very excited that BeautyStat.com send me a sample of Simply Smooth's Xtend Kertatin Reparative Magic Lotion to test out! How do I like it? Keep reading to find out!
Simply Smooth's Xtend Keratin Reparative Magic Lotion:
Yes, an all-in-one product sure does sound "magic", right? LOL! But, seriously, this product is designed to act as a styling cream and a leave-in conditioner. It smooths, protects, detangles, and adds shine. It does all of that plus it contains Keratin which is repairative for damaged hair. No this is not a Keratin treatment, but this product is great for extending the life of your Keratin/deep protein treatments.
- Simply Smooth Xtend Keratin Reparative Magic Lotion retails for approximately $25-$30 for a 4.25 fl oz bottle.
- The Scent: Wow! This product seriously smells so good! The scent, to me, smells of cocoa butter and something tropical. Pineapple maybe? I find that the lovely scent lingers in my hair and leaves it smelling very fresh and nice.
- Application: The product comes in a spray bottle that makes application super easy! After shampooing and conditioning, just spray the product into your wet hair and comb to distribute. It detangles beautifully! Just style as usual. That is it! So quick and easy!!!
- Amount to use: I spray about 8-10 sprays into my hair concentrating on the length and ends. Adjust the amount depending on your own hair's texture, length, and thickness.
During my test of this product, Xtend Magic Potion was the only product that I used besides Shampoo, Conditioner, and a little bit of hairspray. I was amazed that Xtend Magic Potion was all I needed! As I mentioned, I normally use a plethora of hair conditioning and styling products (detanglers, leave in conditioners, protein sprays, styling creams, mousse, shine products...you name it. I just load my hair up!).
This product literally did it all:
- Detangling? My hair combed out effortlessly. I felt that the product distributed itself well.
- Moisture? This product prevented my ends from feeling "dry".
- Protection? I felt like this hair provided a barrier from future damage from blow drying. Actually, I feel that the heat from the blow drier helps the keratin to penetrate. I can't really know this for sure. But, I know that the use of heat combined with protein products generally helps increase penetration.
- Shine? Yes, my hair was left shiny and smooth. No frizz either! Now, my hair was not quite as shiny as when I use a shine spray or a serum. But, it still had shine. It is always easy to add a shine spray or serum after your hair is dry if you want to give your hair an extra boost of shine. But, you might not need it!
- Did it weigh my hair down? Nope! My hair styled well and had body and bounce. The product did not leave behind a greasy feel.
For more information on Simply Smooth Xtend Keratin Magic Potion, please visit American Culture Hair.
Giveaway: Details and Rules
Great news ya'll! BeautyStat.com is offering a sample of Simply Smooth's Xtend to one of my readers!!!
- I am going to make this contest easy for ya'll! All you have to do is fill out the form below to enter the giveaway.
- Contest open to USA only!
- You must be a public follower of my blog through Google Friend Connect.
- You must tell me why you need this product! :) I will choose the winner based on your entry!
- You are not required to tweet or facebook post about this giveaway nor do a blog post about it. But, I will love you if you do decide to do those things. :)