Its the most wonderful time of the year...Yes, thats right, its time for all of the Holiday 2011 makeup releases!
The luxury brand Mai Couture Cosmetics is releasing their first all-natural and paraben-free lip plumper, called "Social Gloss" for Holiday 2011. The Mai Couture "Social Gloss" range comes in a range of pretty pink and nude shades. I am a huge fan of soft pinks and nudes for the lips!
For this review, I sampled the Social Gloss in the shade Femme Fatale. For my review, swatches, ect...please keep reading!
Social Gloss: Not your "typical" lip plumper!That's right. This Social Gloss by Mai Couture is not your average lip plumper. This gloss gives you soft and sheer milky color, plus anti-aging ingredients, plus it "plumps" your lips without any of the usual irritants that lip plumpers tend to contain.
A Gloss and a "treatment":
This gloss is formulated with Mai Couture's "Volulip Peptide" which is a complex that stimulates three types of collagen to increase the appearance of lip volume up to 15%. In addition, the moisturizing agents in the gloss fill in lines and creat fuller lips. Now this is the type of lip plumper that I just adore! One that "plumps" by restoring moisture and filling in lines.
- Shades: As I mentioned, the Social Glosses come in a range of pretty pinks and neutrals (5 shades total). These subtle shades are lovely and wearable. Light pinks and nudes are the lip colors that I reach for most frequently. My lips are very pigmented naturally. So, I love going for shades like these that mute out my lips a bit.
- I just adore the shade that I tested: Femme Fatale (see swatch below). It is a milky semi-sheer soft baby pink shade. There is absolutely no frost or glitter. Just a milky pink shade with a nice glossy shine. This gloss is destined to become one of my favorite go-to glosses!
- Texture: The gloss is on the thick side and somewhat sticky. Yet, it applies and blends without feeling "goopy" (doesn't cake up).
- Feel/Wear/Result: While this is a somewhat thick gloss, it feels moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. Plumping effect? I do feel that my lips look somewhat fuller when I wear this. But, it could just be my imagination! There is certainly not any major difference. The glossy finish enhances fullness as does the moisturizing ingredients. I like the gloss nonetheless! Plus, I would always rather wear a lip product that does something beneficial (like adding extra moisture or fullness) over a lip product that just provides color. I would say this gloss wears about as well as your average gloss. So, you will need to reapply throughout the day for shine and color.
- Scent: The scent is great! It is a very soft vanilla-cappachino type scent. Yum!
- Where to find: Mai Couture is available at high end stores such as Neiman Marcus and retails for about $28.00. Yes, that is a steep cost for a lip gloss...*but* I am willing to pay more for a gloss that is also a bit of a "treatment" product.
If you are looking for a nice subtle baby pink or soft nude gloss, these new Holiday 2011 Social Glosses by Mai Couture are worth checking out! Plus, you will not only get a soft, pretty, and wearable shade, but also some subtle lip plumping benefits from targeted moisturization. This time of year we all need a moisture boost, right!