Hello my dear readers!
As my venture into the world of foundations continues, so does my quest to find great primers!
A good makeup primer can make such a difference in the look, feel, and wear of your foundation or powder. Primer smooth out the surface of your skin for a flawless look.
Background info on Reviva Labs:
Have you heard of Reviva Labs? If you frequent your local Whole Foods or other natural foods store, then you likely have. Reviva Labs is a natural beauty brand found not only in health food stores, but also professional skin clinics & spas (and of course online too at Revivalabs.com).
Interesting fact: Reviva Labs' founder was the first to ever introduce "exfoliation" to the American Health food industry & Skincare industry back in 1973 with their "Light Skin Peel" (which is still available today, and I am in fact dying to try!). Today, Reviva Labs continues to strive for high-potency and effective skincare treatment products that are available at a reasonable price.
The products are made with natural ingredients and are cruelty-free, which is always a big plus in my book!
For my review on the Reviva Lab's Makeup Primer, keep reading after the jump!
- This is a clear, non-comedogenic silicone-based primer. It has a wonderful gel-like consistency. It adheres very well to the skin.
- 1 fl oz retails for approximately $19.50 at Whole Foods or online.
- It comes in a glass container with a pump dispenser (gotta love these products that come with a pump!)
- This primer is completely fragrance free and I *love that*!!!
- Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3, Olive Oil, Co enzyme Q10, Squalane
So, what do I love about this primer?
- This primer makes my skin feel so silky smooth! It just feels amazing going on my skin. Seriously, I would love to bathe in this stuff!
- I really like that it comes with a pump. Ya'll know me, I have a thing for pumps. One small pump of this dispenses just the right amount for your face. The cap seals well and you have no leakage or waste.
- Both liquid and powder foundations glide on beautifully over this product. My skin really looks flawless with this on. Who doesn't love that!
- This primer helps to diffuse the look of your pores and also it can help disguise any fine lines. Granted, I don't really have any fine lines, but when my skin is super dry/dehydrated some can crop up in the eye area.
- I have dry skin, so I typically have no trouble having my foundation last all day. But, with that said, my foundation wears all day with no issues on top of this primer.
- My dry skin feels incredibly comfortable with this primer on. I feel that it helps my skin maintain its moisture.
- What I really love (versus other primers on the market): This product has "good-for-your-skin" ingredients, so you are not getting not only a great makeup primer but also some skin benefits because it contains Vit A, Vit D3, and Coenzyme Q10 (a protective antioxidant). I figure, if you are going to use a primer anyway, you might as well use one that is going to be somewhat beneficial for your skin.
In summary, I totally enjoy using this Reviva Labs Makeup Primer! I love the look and the feel as well as the good ingredients! I will continue to use this primer for the flawless makeup application that I get while wearing this and for the skin-benefits!