Hello there beauty readers!
I am so happy to be reviewing one of my favorite brands and formulas of lipglosses! What a pleasant surprise to find something that I like *so much* at the drugstore!!! Seriously, IMHO, this is just the idea texture for a lipgloss!!! I actually just picked up a couple extras of these as they were 75% off at my CVS yesterday! So, that made them about $2.00 each. Score!!! I hope they don't discontinue my fav color, Lilac, or I might have to pick up some more back ups!!! Ack!
General thoughts on Revlon Super Lustrous Glosses:
- Absolutely perfect texture! I love the feel of these glosses on my lips. Not too sticky!
- Nice scent. No, the scent is not as good as high end glosses like MAC, but the scent is subtle and slightly vanilla-like.
- High shine finish. Just like a gloss should be! :)
- So moisturizing! I love applying this. I really feel these help improve the general condition of my lips. These might be amongst the most moisturizing glosses that I have tried!
- Easily accessible and affordable. I mean, I see these lipglosses everywhere...even at the grocery store!
- Nice color selection. Sheer and milky colors in a range of hues in both glossy and sparkly finishes.
- Contains SPF 15. This is always a nice bonus in a gloss. All lip products should contain SPF, IMHO.
- Packaging is so sleek! Just about the same size as a MAC lipglass. The plastic is hard and durable (very scratch resistant, so it continues to look great even after getting tossed around in your purse). The gold accent makes it really look like a more expensive gloss. I LOVE that it is square shaped! It won't roll around on your bathroom counter or vanity. This sounds like such a simple thing, but its great! I don't know if I am just always in a hurry in the mornings, but I have had lipglosses go rolling off the counter. Doh! ;) I also like that when you are closing the gloss, you can feel the cap slightly "snap" in place. You will always know it is completely closed (no lipgloss leakage in your handbag!).
- These glosses are not that "long lasting", but really...what gloss is? Stickier glosses last longer, but then their texture is so sticky! Some people might prefer that. But, for me, I would prefer a less sticky gloss that I can apply more frequently. That is the case with these glosses.
This gloss I have repurchased a couple times (which says a lot considering that I always like trying new things!). It is just so....wearable! It is a sheer medium pink that really wears clear on my pigmented lips. It has a high gloss finish with sparkle. So easy to wear and so pretty. Now, this one is HIGHLY shimmery. So, if you do not like shimmery glosses, then you will not like this one.
This is a beautiful and milky light baby pink. Generally, this is the shade that I almost always look for in lipglosses and lipsticks...light pink, but not too nude. Perfect color! It is not quite opaque, but not nearly as sheer as Pink Afterglow. There is a subtle sparkle to the product, but there are no noticeable sparkles on the lips. This looks great on its own or topping a baby pink lipstick or liner. Really nice pigmentation on this one. Love it!!!
What a totally unique shade!!! I, for one, totally love the look of purple toned glosses and lipsticks. When you are as cool-toned as me...these shades just work! It really wears more like a pastel pink with cool undertones. It is a milky gloss with no noticeable shimmer on the lips. What I love about this shade...It seems to "mute out" my highly pigmented lips. It gives me that nude-pink lip look that I find is normally hard to achieve with a gloss alone. But, this gloss just does it for me! I sure hope it is not discontinued (since I just bought a back up for 75% off!). Love, love, love this color!!! Revlon, please don't discontinue it!
Some Swatches for you!
These lipgloss have really become my favorites lately! Certainly my fav drugstore gloss. I must say, since discovering Revlon lipglosses, I have practically stopped buying MAC lipglasses (gasp!). Really, I like the texture of these much better than MAC lipglasses. I highly recommend these! Especially if you can find them on a great sale! :)