This time of year is absolutely optimal for makeup shopping! There are so many great makeup palettes and kits available! Across the board, these kits are great values for your money because you get so much product. It seems that a majority of palettes in my collection were acquisitions from Holiday collections! Yes, I will admit, I am a bit of a palette collector. :) What can I say? I have a weak spot for great palettes!
The Early Bird Kit was designed to give you a complete look even if you are running late. So, you do NOT need to be an "Early Bird" getting up early to do your makeup! Just grab this kit and your face will be finished in no time! :) I must agree here! I find this kit to be very fast and easy to use.
This is a tri-fold mid-sized palette of three blushes, two bronzers, one highlighter, four base eye powders and 16 eye shadow. The packaging is surprisingly not bulky considering how many products are packed inside! Also, at $34.99 this palette is a great deal!
The inclusion of the generously sized blushes, bronzers, and highlighter really set this palette apart. Not only are there fabulous eye shadows, but also an incredible assortment of cheek colors! You get such a nice range here for the cheeks!
This palette is a great go-to type palette for pretty and natural everyday makeup. The colors are soft and subtle. I love being able to reach for this one palette for all of my color cosmetics for my face for the day. It really does streamline my routine!You guys know how obsessed I am with my Pixi Fairy Face Palette? Well, this new Early Bird Kit is now pretty much tied with the Fairy Face Palette as my best go-to palette for everyday looks.
You open the trifold to reveal blushes on the left flap, eye shadows in the middle, and bronzers and highlighter on the right flap.
Running down the middle of the shadow assortment are 4 matte light neutral base shade colors for a range of skintones. What a great idea! Base color shades are always what I use up first. So, it is handy having them here and it gives my MVP MAC Vanilla a little break (lol, that is certainly my most used shadow ever!). I love these base shades as, well, a base! I just slap it on all over and it helps all of the shades blend better. Also, I use shades like these a lot when blending out the crease and "erasing" stay lines outside the outer corner. Very useful shadows!
The shadows are primarily satin finish neutrals with just a shimmery/glittery light shade, a yellow, light blue, and some greys. The shadows feel very silky and are very nicely pigmented. There is one light shade with a bit of grit to it; but otherwise, the textures are really amazing. These shades are incredibly easy to wear. You can do a basic neutral eye or you could even amp these shades up a bit more for a smoky look.
For Blushes, you get a light an luminous peachy pink, a subtly luminous soft medium baby pink, and an almost matte rose. All three are just gorgeous! I can't even pick which one I like the best. I love them all! They are super silky and are of about medium pigmentation. Just a few swipes with a brush is all I need for a gorgeous pop of color.
I really love this palette! The combined use of all of these products gives you a lovely natural look. For me, this palette is worth it for the amazing blushes alone; but, there is so much more! The Early Bird Palette is a fab assortment with amazing value!
Has this Pixi Early Bird Kit review gotten you in the mood for some Holiday Beauty Shopping yet? Check out more items form Target's Holiday Beauty lineup:
- Pixi Lid Last Shadow Pen Duo ($12): two cream-to-powder eye crayons in ultra-flattering shades
- NP Set Day-to-Night Liner Duos ($15 each): liner and glitter duo that takes any look from day to night
- JK Jemma Kidd 24/7 Long Wear Lip Colour, Monroe ($15): ultra-hydrating, long-lasting lipstick in the perfect holiday red
- e.l.f 144-piece Eyeshadow Palette, Neutral and Bright ($15 each): 144 shadows for endless eye looks
- e.l.f. 83-piece Essential Makeup Collection ($20): 64 eyeshadows, eight lip gloss shades, four blush and bronzer shades and one lip brush, eye brush and face brush
- Pixi Nail Colour Trio ($12): three full size polishes in fun, seasonal shades
- e.l.f. Nail Cube ($10): 14 on-trend lacquers packaged in a convenient cube
- Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift Body Fragrance Set ($29.99): Target exclusive scented body lotion and full and travel-sized Wonderstruck fragrances made with an intoxicating blend of vibrant fruits and soft petals
- Someday by Justin Bieber Fragrance Set ($29.99): body lotion, perfume and body wash with hints of mandarin, juicy pear, jasmine and vanilla
- Bodycology Assorted Bath & Body Gift Sets ($1.99 - $14.99 each): ideal for holiday travel and stocking stuffers, the assortment includes a variety of gift sets for lips, hands and body available in captivating scents Blackberry & Poppy, Gardenia & Vanilla, Exotic Cherry, Cucumber Melon and Enchanted Forest
- Burt’s Bees Travel Basics Kit ($14.99): includes Hand Repair Cream, Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, Beeswax Lip Balm and Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil
- Burt’s Bees Favorites Kit ($19.99): includes Sugar Scrub, Body Bar, Body Lotion, Lip Balm and Bath Pouf
As you can see from the list above, there is plenty to choose from Beauty-wise if you are shopping Target this year for Holiday gifts. There deals are good. So, you might just be able to treat yourself too! ;)
Thanks so much for reading!