Is anyone else out there a terrible packer? I am a self-proclaimed over-packer! With my love of makeup and all-things-beauty, a lot of time and consideration goes into my travel makeup bag packing. Plus, with a large makeup collection, it is just hard to choose what to bring!
Where did I go? Cancun! Have you ever been there? It is so beautiful!!! We stayed at a fabulous resort called Live Aqua. I would highly recommend it! We normally don't go on such "fancy" trips. But, since our 10 year anniversary is coming up, we figured it was time for a 2nd honeymoon!
So, I hope you enjoy this blog post and YouTube "Travel Packing: What's in my makeup bag?" video! I included a list of not only what I brought, but a post-trip list of what I actually used! My desire is to better streamline my packing for my next trip!
So, if you would like to see what I brought and watch my video, please keep reading after the jump break!
Ahhh! So beautiful! Can I go back now???!!!
This is the view from our suite's balcony.
- e.l.f. brow gel/clear mascara: This stuff is just "ok". But, it is an easy way to manage your brows while on vacation (Alas, I was born with unruly brows, le sigh!).
- Sheseido Eyelash Curler: Seriously, I can't live without my eyelash curler. A must have for short, sparse, straight lashes!
- MAC Studio Fix in NC 15:. Love, love, love this powder! HG! This is the easiest and quickest way for me to achieve a flawless look. Plus, powder wears great in hot/humid weather.
- Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Pressed Powder with SPF 15: I primarily brought this for mid-day touch-ups to boost my SPF.
- Stila Haute in the Hamptons Palette: Stila did a good job with the color selections in this palette. Very wearable! Plus, I love including multi-use palettes when I travel.
- NARS Blush/Bronzer Trio: This is the only "new" item that I purchased with summer travels in mind. Just a bit larger than a normal NARS blush, this handy palette contains blush, bronzer, and highlighter. Genius! Very travel friendly and such classic shades. Love!!!
- Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Charcoal Smokes: My Hub hearts a nice smoky eye look for evenings. It is so easy to achieve a basic smoky eye with this little kit.
- Stila Confections for Eyes Palette: Okay, I admit, I have had this little palette for about 2 million years. I know, I know...I probably need to throw out my old makeup more frequently. But, I swear this palette is still going strong with no signs of going bad. This palette is so sleek and compact and it contains any shimmery shade that I might need. I really wish Stila would make more palettes like this.
- PUR Minerals Perfect Fit Trio: Yes, I have mentioned this in numerous blog posts/star products videos. I adore this trio! It just gives a very classic and beautiful look that always gets compliments.
- Smashbox Day-to-Date Trio: This is a great basic trio!
- Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Chocolate Shimmer Ink: IMHO, Bobbi Brown makes the *best* gel liners out there. I know this won't budge in the heat nor the water. If I actually bother with eyeliner during the day while at the beach, then I don't want it to budge.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Dual Ended Eye Liner (from the Naked Palette): I love that this one pencil has both black and brown!
- NARS Multiple in Luxor: I love samples...so easy to pack! Multiples are so useful. I love a good multi-tasking product.
- The Balm TimeBalm Concealer (lighter than light): My new fave concealer. This works wonders on my dark circles (review coming soon in my "Cover It! Concealer Review Series"!!!
- BeneFit Eye Bright: This is one item that I am never without!
- Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer: Love this stuff!!! So easy to wear and gives such a natural look! This gives the slightest hint of "bronze" to my uber-fair skin. I love this in the summer as it boosts your SPF (as I always wear 30) and it looks and feels very lightweight.
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof: A waterproof mascara is an essential for the beach!
- Rimmel Lipstick in Pink Blush: Lovely shade! Will coordinate with any outfit!
- Clinique Longlast Glosswear in SPF 15 Air Kiss: Love this gloss. Love the SPF and it is so moisturizing!
- MAC Lipglass in Strange Potion: This pretty peachy pink gloss just "looks" like summer vacation to me!
- CG Intense ShadowBlast Primer plus Rich Shadow in Beige Blaze: This is a new product that I am testing out from CoverGirl (review coming soon!). I love that this doubles as a shadow base and a cream shadow.
- Sigma Brushes: I merged my faves from my Nice in Pink Travel Kit and the Hot in Pink Premium Travel Kit. These are both great kits! I use these brushes every day! It is just a total bonus that they are travel sized as well. Finding great travel brushes has really streamlined my packing! I also packed the Miss Taylor Retractable Kabuki Brush which I adore. I also included a few extra brushes including the Real Techniques Contour Brush (for highlighter), a brow brush/lash comb, a smudger brush (not sure of teh brand? From Kroger), and the Essence of Beauty Crease Brush Duo (my fav crease brushes ever! And only a few dollars at CVS!).
- e.l.f brow gel/clear mascara
- Sheseido Eyelash curler
- MAC Studio Fix
- Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder
- NARS Blush/Bronzer Trio
- PUR Minerals Perfect Fit Trio
- Smashbox Day-to-Date trio
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner
- TimeBalm Concealer
- BeneFit Eye Bright
- Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof
- Rimmel lipstick in Pink Blush
- Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss
- Metal Hair Clip! Can't live without this to pin my bangs back!
- CG Intense ShadowBlast in Beige Blaze: I love this and am so glad I brought this! I used this during the day on its own with just a touch of mascara and at night as a shadow base.
- Sigma Brushes
What did I learn? Well, next time I will bring less eyeshadow. In addition, I found that I wanted really lightweight glosses. So, I only wore the Clinique and neglected the others. Also, right before I left for the trip I added a Happy Booster Blush which I used a few times on the trip.
Here is my video detailing all the items that I packed. Enjoy!
So, my fellow makeup lovers, what are your favorite makeup items to pack for trips? Any packing tips?
Thanks so much for reading!
I purchased almost all of the items mentioned.
of the Sigma Miss Taylor Kabuki brush.
In addition, I am a Sigma affiliate. Affiliate
links are included in this post.