Lets start with this look because this is the look that I recreated to share with you today! Why did I pick this look? I picked it because the eyes and cheeks are typically the areas of my face that I like to focus on when doing my makeup.
I followed these steps exactly:
- Using the Powder Brush, apply the Bronzing Powder in Light-Medium to the high points of the face that the sun would naturally hit to create a sun-kissed look.
- Add the Mineral Cheek Duo in Spiced Poppy over the bronzer with the Cheek Brush.
- Use the highlighter shade on top of the cheek to give shine.
- Using the Eye Color Brush, apply Amber Blaze and Gold Coast Mineral Eye Colors to the eyelid. Apply Precious Pink Mineral Eye Color to the crease to add more warmth and dimension.
- Apply Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black to the base of the upper lashes.
- Apply a couple of coats of Lash Love Lengthening Mascara.
- Add a metallic hint to the lips with NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Beach Bronze.
- Powder Brush: $16
- Bronzing Powder – Light/Medium: $18
- Mineral Cheek Color Duo – Spiced Poppy: $18
- Cheek Brush: $14
- Eye Color Brush: $10
- Mineral Eye Color – Amber Blaze: $8
- Mineral Eye Color – Gold Coast: $8
- Mineral Eye Color – Precious Pink: $8
- Gel Eyeliner – Jet Black: $18
- Lash Love Lengthening Mascara – Black: $15
- NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss – Beach Bronze: $15
The shades in this look are very warm toned and my skin is neutral-cool toned. So, while I was not sure about the colors since they are not ones I would typically pick, let me tell you, that this is the beauty of branching out and re-creating a specific runway look! I ended up with a beautiful new makeup look that I can easily keep re-creating for myself as often as I like!
I think that the look turned out so beautiful! I couldn't get over how the gorgeous gold and bronze shades made my blue eyes pop and made my skin look so Summery and healthy! I absolutely adore this look and have gone on to recreate it and wear it many more times. If you are looking for a gorgeous glowy look, you must try this Bronze Glow look!
Plus, I think that I have both found some new product loves in this assortment of products and am re-visiting old faves, too! I am a long-time fan of the Mary Kay® Lash Love mascara. My new product loves: the eye shadow shade combination of Gold Coast and Amber Blaze on the inner and outer eye lid and precious pink through the crease, as well as the cheek combo of layering the gorgeous glowy Light/Medium Bronzing Powder under the bright pop of the Spiced Poppy blush. As I mentioned, these are all very warm and gold toned products. I was so pleasantly surprised at how well they work with my skintone and eye color. My blue eyes popped because of color theory: the eye shadows are on the opposite side of the spectrum from blue. So, they bring out the blue in my eyes. As far as the warm shades on my skin, I guess my skin is more neutral than I thought (rather than being neutral-cool). I know that these products will be in heavy rotation for me!
Sculpted Look – Focus is on Lips and Brows:
While I did not re-create this look for you, I still wanted to include all of the steps here for your reference just in case it appeals to you and you would like to re-create!
Get the Look:
- Use the Mechanical Brow Liner to fill in the brows following the natural growth of the hair. Use the Eye Smudger Brush to apply Hazelnut Mineral Eye Color to the highest points of the brows to give more color and emphasis. Follow with the Brow Gel to set the brows in place.
- A soft eye color is best for this look. Pat on Rosegold Mineral Eye Color with your finger and use the Eye Color Brush to blend. Brush on Crystalline Mineral Eye Color as a highlighter under the brow to create contrast.
- Apply Black Eyeliner to the base of the upper lashes to shape the eyes.
- Apply Lash Love Mascara in Black.
- Apply the Mineral Cheek Color Duo in Juicy Guava to the cheeks with the Cheek Brush and blend. Then apply the highlighter color to brighten the face.
- Apply True Dimensions Lipstick in Spice ‘N’ Nice to the lips and sculpt the lips with Dark Chocolate Lip Liner. Blot the lips with a Beauty Blotter tissue to create a longer lasting semi-matte look.
- Mechanical Brow Liner – Blonde: $11
- Eye Smudger Brush: $10
- Mineral Eye Color – Hazelnut: $8
- Brow Gel: $10
- Mineral Eye Color – Rosegold: $8
- Eye Color Brush: $10
- Mineral Eye Color – Crystalline: $8
- Eyeliner – Black: $12
- Lash Love Mascara – Black: $15
- Mineral Cheek Color Duo – Juicy Guava: $18
- Cheek Brush: $14
- True Dimensions Lipstick – Spice ‘N’ Nice: $18
- Lip Liner – Dark Chocolate: $12
- Beauty Blotter: $6
Which of these looks would you like to re-create on yourself? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a Mary Kay® prize pack.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/31/2015 – 9/27/2015