Affiliate Link Press Sample/I bought it myself
It is time for another Makeup War! This time the Makeup Wars bloggers are sharing their current favorite perfumes! As a scent-lover, I can't wait to see everyone's lists.
For my Favorite Perfumes list, I am going to divide it up into two categories: "new favorites" and "long-time favorites". As a fragrance-loving beauty blogger, I try out a lot of new perfumes on an ongoing basis. There are quite a few new scents that I have literally just started trying in the past few weeks that I absolutely adore! So, I am going to share those with you as well as sharing my other top two scents for this time of year.
I change up my scent all the time. Not only do I rotate scents seasonally, but also I switch up my scent depending on the day and my mood. Sure, I have long-time favorites. However, I am always happy to add a new scent to the rotation! In the cooler months, I tend to gravitate towards heavier and sexier scents with notes of vanilla, chocolate, and musk.
Favorite Perfumes: NEW Favorites:
- Lavanila Vanilla Lavender: What a unique scent! There is something just so "different" about this scent. It is subtle; yet, it is also lasting. I do have people ask me what I am wearing when I wear this. I used to think that I really did not like the scent of lavender until I realized that I LOVE the scent of lavender when mixed with vanilla. I think those two scents are a fabulous combo! Plus, I like that this is a vanilla scent that is not overly heavy nor too sweet.
- Lavanila Vanilla Blackberry: This is another unique twist on vanilla! The notes are: blackberry, juicy raspberry, velvet iris, and warm Madagascar vanilla. I really love having different vanilla combinations to wear! I am so pleased with both the Vanilla Blackberry as well as the Vanilla Lavender scents so much from Lavanila that I might just have to try all the other scents as well!
- Lady Gaga Fame: I am almost surprised that I love this scent! It is not quite what I expected. This perfume has a little twist. The actual perfume itself is a "black" liquid (black in the bottle and it turns clear once it is airborne: kinda cool!). There is a sweetness to this scent that is really appealing to me. I like that it is dark and sexy combined with that sweetness. The notes are: Belladonna, incense, honey drops, saffron, apricot, sambac jasmine and tiger orchid. Plus, this bottle really is pretty!
- Beyonce Rise: This is such an easy to wear scent! I love the mix of floral and musk. I find myself reaching for this often as an "everyday" scent. This scent is much more sophisticated that I expected! Plus, I think it smells more high-end than its price point. Well done! Here are the notes: apricot, Italian bergamot, iced basil sorbet, orchid, freesia, sambac jasmine flowers, autumn woods, cashmere, musk and vetiver.
- Laura Mercier Creme Brulee: This is my latest addition from Laura Mercier's Eau Gourmande collection of fragrances (across the board, I love these!). Creme Brulee is a decadent scent and absolutely perfect for cold weather! The notes are: warm caramel, spun sugar, French vanilla beans and white musks. Yum!!! I love layering this scent with Laura Merciers bath product scents.
- Scentbird: Okay, this is not a scent, lol, this is a monthly fragrance sample service! I won't go into all the details since I just did a review/Intro to Scentbird post earlier this month. Let's just say, I am obcessed! Plus, my scent for this month is divine: I am sampling Aquolina by Pink Sugar. I adore it!!! If you missed my review post, check it out here (I even have a discount code for you).
Favorite Perfumes: Long-Time Favorites:
While there are many scents that I have loved long-term, these two in particular really top the list. To me, these are the best of the best!
- Dolce and Gabanna L'eau the One: This is my husbands favorite scent on me. So, you can imagine that I want to wear it all the time. The scent is soft and sexy and warm. The fragrance notes are: jasmine, musk, mandarin, lily-of-the-valley, vanilla, vetiver, peach, plum, madonna lily, exotic fruit, moss and ambre. What can I say, I love it, too! It is certainly my "date night" perfume. I am almost out of this amazing scent. I see that it is now discontinued. This is so sad! Dolce and Gabanna...please bring this scent back! So, I am linking you all to Dolce and Gabanna's The One scent which I believe is similar.
- Angel by Thierry Mugler: I am completely and totally head-over-heels in love with this scent. It is my absolute #1 scent and certainly my "signature scent". It embodies everything that I love in a perfume: vanilla and chocolate! Here are the fragrance notes: Bergamot, Hedione, Helional, Honey, Dewberry, Red Berries, Vanilla, Caramel, Patchouli, Chocolate, Coumarin. There is one caveat: Since this scent is super-heavy, I only wear this scent in the Fall and Winter when it is cold. It is just too heavy a scent for me to wear year round. I completely look forward to my Fall/Winter scent rotation every year because I get to add Angel into the mix! I have worn this scent for almost 15 years! As you can see from the photo, I am down to a little sample bottle. I must go get my re-fillable Angel bottle filled up again, soon (I love that you can do that!).
P.S. Please be sure to visit the thumbnails below to check out what perfumes my fellow Makeup Wars bloggers are loving right now! :)