Press Sample Affiliate Link Blogger Ambassador
October is National Eczema Awareness Month – and for the over 30 million Americans who suffer from eczema, living with condition can be an ongoing challenge which impacts the quality of life for both themselves and loved ones.
I, firsthand, know about the challenges of Eczema. My 9 month old baby, Jackson, has Eczema. Jackson was diagnosed with Eczema when he was 3 months old. As a worried mother, I wanted to know exactly what I could do to help my baby. I was given a perscription cream to help with his immediate Eczema flare-up. In addition, my doctor specifically recommended using AVEENO® Baby Eczema Therapy products on a ongoing basis to keep the Eczema from flaring up. As an AVEENO® Ambassador, I was thrilled that the brand was recommended! However, since I do not have Eczema myself, the products were all new to me! I immediately felt relieved that I could keep Jackson's Eczema at-bay by using products from a brand that I know well and trust.
Developed in partnership with leading dermatologists, AVEENO® Eczema Therapy and AVEENO® Baby Eczema Therapy products are formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal and are clinically shown to soothe eczema symptoms.
While I was sad to say goodbye to the beautifully scented products that I used to use on my baby, I knew that in order to keep Jackson's Eczema from flaring up, I must switch to unscented gentle products designed specifically for Eczema.
After using these products for 6 months on my baby, I am happy to report that I am absolutely thrilled with my results with AVEENO® Baby Eczema Therapy products! I don't even miss those scented baby products that I used to use on him! Not only has his Eczema been kept pretty well under control, but also his skin was transformed into super duper soft baby skin! I have even seen improvement in the softness and dryness of my hands since I can't resist using the cream on my hands every time I apply it on the baby. :)
I use a variety of products from the AVEENO® Baby Eczema Therapy and AVEENO® Baby line on an ongoing basis including:
- AVEENO® Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream: This is the workhorse in our anti-Eczema routine. I slather this rich moisturizing cream all over my baby twice a day in the morning and in the evening. I also always apply this all over him after a bath. Honestly, nothing else works better than this cream for reliving Jackon's dry skin and transforming him into a soft baby!
- AVEENO® Eczema Therapy Soothing Bath Treatment: This is an oatmeal bath powder that you add to the baby bath to turn the bath into a soothing bath treatment. I do not use this for every bath...just when I feel like he needs some extra soothing for his skin when his skin is super irritated.
- AVEENO® Baby Cleansing Therapy Moisturizing Wash: This is not from the Eczema line, but I use it on Jackson as his body cleanser. It is super soothing and moisturizing, yet it gets his body clean. It is fragrance free and it gently cleanses without damaging the skin's barrier.
- AVEENO® Baby Wash & Shampoo: I use this to wash Jackson's hair. This has a very light soft fragrance. It is gentle and it rinses clean. When Jackson's cradle cap acts up, I do a pre-treatment with baby oil first (and massage it into his head with a soft baby brush) and then I follow with this shampoo.
- AVEENO® Baby Natural Protection Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50: I use only Aveeno sunscreen on Jackson's skin. I feel comfortable that it will not irritate his skin. Generally, I keep him in the shade and out of the sun since he is so little. However, when I know he will be exposed, I apply this to his body for protection.
There is no question that the AVEENO® Eczema Therapy baby products that I am using on my baby keep his Eczema under control. I am so thankful to have this arsenal of products on hand to keep Jackson's sweet baby skin comfortable and soft! :)