Press Sample Affiliate Link Blogger Ambassador
Hello fellow beauty sample box lovers! It is time for another monthly box opening for Beauty Box Five!
What is Beauty Box 5?
Beauty Box 5 is a monthly subscription service that delivers 5 cosmetic samples to your door for $12 a month. The samples are all deluxe and sometimes the boxes include full-sized products, too! Shipping is free on every box. :) When you subscribe to Beauty Box 5, each month you get a beauty box delivered right to your door! The boxes contain a mix of makeup, beauty accessories, skincare, fragrance, bath& body items, and nail products (Not all of these this month, but something from those categories). Beauty Box 5 is a great way to discover new products or get yourself out of a cosmetics rut!
What to find out what is inside this month's box? Click "read more" below to find out!
Beauty Box Five: June Box Opening:
Inside the Box:
This month's box seems to be a mix of deluxe samples and foil packet samples. If you guys are like me, deluxe samples are where it is at. The foil sample packets just simply fail to impress since they are just one-time single use packets. The foil sample packets just do not seem to add any extra value to the box. With that said, the deluxe sized and full sized (I think?) nail polish are very generously sized. So, that does balance out the value of the box a bit more.
- Nicka K New York | Nail Color (Full size, retails for $4.99): This is a new brand for me. I have never heard of Nicka K. This polish promises a long-wearing chip-resistant finish. The bottle shape is pretty and the red shade that I got (I do not see a shade name anywhere on the bottle) is a lovely color. However, I typically do not wear reds...when I do wear reds, it tends to be in the Winter around the Holidays. So, not a very Summery color. I am happy to have this polish but likely will not use it until the weather turns color and I am more in the mood for red nails. ;)
- Organix | Coconut Water Shampoo & Conditioner (foil sample packets, full size retails for $7.99 each for 3 oz): I am obsessed with all things coconut. So, I am excited to try out this shampoo & conditioner combo. This Coconut Water formula from Organix was designed for dehydrated hair. Sounds just like me! My only complaint here is the small foil packet size of the sample. My hair is super-duper long. So, I do worry about there being enough product in these samples for my hair (especially since I really pile on conditioners).
- Glam Natural Mascara (deluxe size sample, full size retails for $28.00): Here is another brand that I have never heard of. Apparently this mascara was designed for those with sensitive eyes (me!!!). It is also gluten-free, paraben-free, hypoallergenic, and vegan. I am always willing to try out a new mascara. So, I am excited to give this one a whirl!
- Eslor | Introductory Collection Calming Kit (foil packet samples, full sizes retail from $28-$65.00): As I mentioned above, foil sample packets really do not add to the value of a box. These sample packets will be nice for travel. However, I find that with skincare in particular, I really need a larger sample size to truly figure out if a product is working for me. I am curious about this brand. So, I will pack these little samples for my upcoming trip and give them a try in a few weeks.
- Vitabath | Body Wash (sample size: 2 fl oz, full size cost $7.95): O.M.G, this product smells amazing!!! Now, I am a huge fan of super sweet scents, and this one certainly falls in that category. The scent I got is "Dreamy Pink Frosting" which smells, to me, like a super sweet strawberry butter cream. I mean, I want to eat it, lol!
For this month, my favorite sample is totally the Vitabath Pink Frosting Body Wash. The scent is super yummy and it does make me want to go purchase the full size product. I did not think that the foil samples added any value to the box. They are nice to have but should be considered "extras". Overall, I am happy with this box. There is a nice assortment of types of products and certainly items that I will use and/or am curious about.