Affiliate Link Press Sample
LIPS: Neutral lips
What a great Golden Globes this year! While I enjoy watching the show, I must admit that I like the pre-show Red Carpet specials even bettter!!! I always love to see how my favorite stars get glammed up. The dresses, the jewelry, the hair, the makeup...I just adore full-on Hollywood glamour!
When watching the Red Carpet pre-shows, I always keep an eye out for my favorite stars. Reece Witherspoon is certainly one of my faves. Not only do I love her movies, but also I tend to copy her look as I, too, am a fair skinned blonde with straight hair. I am so excited about her look this year! I have honestly been searching for a cute bob hair cut with bangs, and I might just copy her look when I get up the nerve to cut my hair, lol. Her makeup was gorgeous, too!
The Laura Mercier makeup team has shared with me how they created Reece's Golden Globes look this year! Her makeup was done by makeup artist Mai Quynh. The look was inspired by her golden complexion and her gorgeous Calvin Klein dress.
Here is how Mai Quynh created Reece's Makeup Look:
FACE: Golden, flawless skin
- Quynh first prepped the skin with La Praire Skin Caviar Luxe Cream and applied Fresh Sugar Lip Treat to her lips. Then she used a foundation brush to apply Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, ($32) all over Witherspoon’s face.
- She then applied NEW Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation (COMING FALL 2014) using a BeautyBlender Sponge. She stated, “I love how the natural, matte texture of this foundation melts into the skin, leaving it smooth and flawless.”
- Next, Quynh applied Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, ($23) under Witherspoon’s eyes and Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, ($32) around her nose.
- She then applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Praline, ($24) onto the apples of Witherspoon’s cheeks and layered Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper, ($25) on top. She stated, “Layering creams and powders will ensure that your makeup will stay on longer.”
- Lastly, Quynh applied Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder in Translucent, ($34) using the Laura Mercier Finishing Brush, ($42). She then dusted the actress’s forehead, cheeks and chin with Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Powder Bronzer using the Laura Mercier Bronzer Brush, ($45).
LIPS: Neutral lips
- Quynh first used Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Play, ($24) and swept Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bellini, ($24) on top.
EYES: Bright, sultry eyes were the main focus of the look
- First, Quynh mixed Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colours in Sand Glow and Cocoa, ($26/each) and applied the color from the inside of her eyelid, blending it towards the outer lid.
- Next, she applied Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Fire Glow, ($24) from the lash line to the crease using the Laura Mercier All Over Eye Colour Brush, ($30). She then blended the shadow using the Laura Mercier Eye Crease Brush, ($29).
- For added depth and dimension, Quynh added Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Earth Glow, ($24) to the outer crease. She smudged both Illuminating Eye Colours to the lower lash line, using the Laura Mercier Smudge Brush, ($24)
- Finally, she rimmed Witherspoon’s eyes with Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Brown Copper, ($22) and finished the look with two coats of Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Black, ($24).
So that is how Reece's look was created! I know it is a look that I am going to try to copy with Laura Mercier products!!! What Stars' looks were your favorites from the show?
Thanks for reading!