Well, I know that this will not be new news to many of you...but, the new Revlon Lip Butters are totally a-ma-zing! Seriously, these rock my socks. I know there has been nothing but buzz about these Lip Butters in the beauty community ever since their release. These amazing balm-like lip colors totally deserve the hype!
If you have not tried any Revlon lip products yet. Run, don't walk, to your nearest drugstore! I love and adore both high end and drugstore makeup. Across the board (low or high-end), Revlon hands-down makes the best lip products! Really, the color selection, quality, and packaging just can't be beat. When I am just in the mood to get a new lip color, Revlon is one of my go-to brands. So, yes, I was very excited to pick up these new lip butters!
My uber-dry lips need all the help they can get. I am an admitted lip balm/lip gloss addict. I love lip color too. But, I rely more on lip balms and lip glosses for the extra moisture that they provide.
Well, these lip butters are really a totally new kind of lip product. They are like a lip stain and lip balm in one. They provide beautiful color and great moisture. Love, love, love them!!!
Want to see the colors I got and some swatches, keep reading after the jump!
My Skintone (and what I look for in lip color):
I have very fair skin with neutral-cool undertones (MAC NC15 or a NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia for reference on my paleness). Usually, I go for some sort of pink light lip color (baby pinks are my fave!). Lately I have been gravitating a bit more towards bolder hues. Maybe it is just the current trends or possibly the cold weather. I always go a bit bolder in the winter months.
The Revlon Lip Butter are sheer, soft, and just darn wearable. I find that many of these shades work not only for me, but also for probably a wide variety of skin tones. I hope to eventually have this whole Lip Butter collection, lol! There are 20 beautiful shades.
What I got:
- Berry Smoothie: Sheer medium cool toned pink with some sparkle
- Lollipop: Fuchsia cool toned pink with some shimmer
- Creme Brulee: Sheer champagne-tan color
- Gumdrop: Sheer very light lilac (love, love, love lilac lippies! Revlon does them so well!)
- Creamsicle: Sheer pinky peach shade (I really like how this one is so sheer. Yet, it still manages to "nude out" my lips nicely).
- Price: About $7.50 each. But, check around for sales!!! Chances are you will be able to find a BOGO deal somewhere. I mean, why pay full price if you don't have to!
- Packaging: One of my initial draws to this product was the adorable and colorful packaging!!! So pretty and so high-end looking! Honestly, the packaging reminds me of my beloved Dior Addict Lip Glow! The outer frosted package is reflective of the shade inside. Plus, I love the clear window on top which allows you to see the shade. This packaging is so luxe for the drugstore! Nice quality and cute! Very appealing overall!
- The Product Itself: These lip butters are so unique! These lippies are a vanilla scented gel-like "buttery" product. They hydrate your lips very well and leave them soft and smooth with soft-medium color. To me, they are like a lip stain and a lip balm all rolled into one multi-purpose product. They give great color that is sheer and moisturizing. You get no lipstick "build up" with this product. The balmy feel just melts into your lips leaving gorgeous shiny color. The result: Moisturized lips with a nice shine and a stain-like color. What else could a girl want?
Thanks so much for reading!
Stay lovely! :)