Do you love facials, but feel you never have the time? Well, these Colbert MD Intensify Facial Discs might just be for you!
I have previously shyed away from other home microdermabrasion and chemical peel kits as I feared that they would be too strong for my super sensitive skin. Well, no worries about this product my fellow sensitives! These Facial Discs are highly effective, yet gentle too! The best of both worlds!!!
Using this product has become one of my favorite "treats" to myself! I honestly look forward to my bi-weekly usage of these discs! If you want to learn more about this product, please keep reading after the jump!
- Colbert MD Intensify Facial Discs retail for approximately $52.
- The product is packaged in a sleek glass frosted jar. The overall look and feel of the packaging screams "high end" and "clinical".
- Stacked inside the screw top container are 20 one-time-use disposable facial discs.
- The discs are round scrubby pads (about the size of a regular disc shaped cotton pad) with a plastic backing. They are slightly moist as the pads were premoistened with the treatment product. The pads are not sitting soaking in the product. They are already moistened with just the precise amount for one use. How cool is that! I really first opened the product expecting to find the discs soaking. But no, these are pre-loaded discs.
- There is a very slight scent to this product. It is very light and fresh. It's almost citrus-y. Very nice!
- Colbert MD suggests using the discs no more than 2-3 times a week. 2 times per week if you skin is sensitive (which mine is).
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Rinse your face and allow your skin to remain damp.
- Apply the facial disc by very gently moving the Facial Disc across your face in a circular motion for no more than 30-60 seconds.
- Throw out the disc and rinse your face completely with tepid water.
How do these discs work?
Well, these discs work in two ways to exfoliate your skin effectively: Microdermabrasion and Enzyme Action. These processes increase cell turnover and prep the skin's surface (so your treatment products will absorb and work better).
First, the discs themselves are scrubby. So, you are going to get the benefits of mechanical exfoliation or microdermabrasion. But, please be careful. Do not "scrub" these on your face. Just glide the discs across your skin and that is all that you will need. Secondly, the product contains Bromelain. Which is a very concentrated form of pineapple enzyme. This helps to remove dull skin and it detoxifies. Intensify Facial Discs also contain Lactic Acid. This is a very gentle exfoliater that our body naturally produces. Great anti-aging ingredients!
How does your skin feel after?
Amazingly clean as well as smooth and soft! My facial skin feels sooooo soft after using these. The product does not leave my skin the least bit tight, over-dry, nor irritated! My skin is left squeaky clean and soft with no negative side effects! Whenever I use this in the evenings, I feel that I wake up the next morning with very fresh skin! I will totally continue to use these! While I have dry-normal skin this time of the year, I think that all skin types could benefit from this type of product.
Have any of you tried these? Or a similar type of product? I would love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks so much for reading my beauties!