This is the last of the "Smashbox Week" posts. My first two posts detailed the Smashbox All Day Beauty Kit.
This post is for the GWP that I got from Ulta with the Purchase of the All Day Beauty Kit: Smashbox Travel Brush GWP . What a surprisingly great brush set!!! I say "surprisingly", as I often do not have high hopes for GWP items. But, this set is great!!!
- 3 super lightweight travel sized brushes in an adorable gold case. Really, this case is darn cute I tell ya!!! ;)
- The brushes are a short in length. I actually prefer shorter brushes as it allows me to get closer to the mirror. Also, I feel like I have "more control" with shorter brushes for the eyes.
- The brush hairs are *so soft* on these! I must admit, I do not have many high-end brushes. I use mostly e.l.f., Essence of Beauty, ecotools (which are super soft), Sonia Kashuk, and a random assortment of other brands. But, most of my shadow brushes are by e.l.f. I find these Smashbox brushes to be MUCH softer than my usual e.l.f eyeshadow brushes.
- Travel Definer Brush: This is my fav of the set and it has become my go-to crease brush! This ultra soft brush tapers to a fine point at the end. It is the ideal size and shape to really get into your crease area well. The shape really makes crease work effortless as the point really gets deep into the crease. The shape allows you to very naturally blend out the crease with ease. Also works well for outer V work with the tip of the brush. I like this a bit better than the Essence of Beauty crease brush that I had been using. Love this brush!!!
- Travel Tapered Shadow Brush: This is your classic "big fluffy brush". The big and fluffy shape allows it to apply and distribute shadow well for a "wash" of color. I love to use this to apply brow bone color too. A great basic brush!
- Travel Precision Liner Brush: This stiff flat brush is nice for tapping a thick line of shadow above your lashes. I find it to be a bit too thick for applying gel liner as I prefer an ultra-thin line. Generally, my eyes are "too round" to use a flat blush for gel liners, but this may work for someone who's eyes are less round. This also works well to tap gel liner onto your lower lash line.
- The Case: What a pretty little gold case! It is lightweight and snaps shut. It will hold about a handful of brushes. Really great for travel for all your eye brushes. Now, your powder and blush brushes would not fit in here, but your eye brushes will! :) Would be great for your purse or desk as well if you just need somewhere to keep extra eye brushes. Love it!
Hope you enjoyed this review! I am so happy with this GWP!!! :)