Happy Monday my dear readers! Hope you all had a great weekend!
This is the first of a series of reviews that I am going to do over the next few days on the Limited Edition Wet n' Wild (WnW) Color Icon holiday palette gift sets.
Let me tell you, all of these palettes are fantastic! And, such a great value (LOL-you readers know I love a good bargain). So, I am very excited to be doing these reviews! Anytime something is Limited Edition (LE), I am always intrigued! These Wet n' Wild Holiday Palettes are a bit hard to find in my area as word must have spread that they are totally amazing!!!
Wet n Wild Color Icon Holiday Palette: Night Elf
This was the first WnW Holiday Palette that I picked up. Normally, I would not reach for a palette quite like this with the bold color selections (I mean, red shadow???), but I had already read online that this was a really great set. So, when I saw it at my local Walgreen's (and the only one, mind you!), I had to snatch it up! I am so glad that I did as I really really love this little palette! I have been constantly reaching for these Holiday palettes ever since I got them!
Swatched on bare skin
Not sure if ya'll can see how pigmented?
(the only one that is somewhat "sheer" is the red)
Sorry the liner got cut-off...
- Set includes a WnW Color Icon Palette with 6 shadows and a small WnW Color Icon pencil liner.
- Highly pigmented shadows! I mean, seriously! Major pigmentation!
- These shadows apply and blend extremely well.
- Such great quality at a very low price! $4.99 for the set. I mean, I hate to even say it, but I would have paid more for this set!
- These shadows are very shimmery! We are talking shimmer, some glitter, and sparkle! For some, this would be a downside, but for me...I love sparkle! Especially at this time of the year. You can always pull out some matte eye shadow singles (or other palettes) to wear with these if you like a mix of matte and shimmer.
- I find with this set I wear the shadows in the left hand column the most with the middle left color (a beautiful shimmery gold-ish taupe) being my favorite of the whole palette!
- The darker shadow colors are very pigmented and fantastic for a smoky eye or for topping pencil eyeliner.
- Dupe alert!!! Apparently, the bottom left color, a shimmery greenish brown color, is a MAC Club dupe. Now, I don't have MAC Club, so I can't speak to that. But, I think that this color is VERY similar color and close-enough dupe to Label Whore from the Too Faced Enchanted Glamourland Palette (See picture below with comparison swatches). It applies as a beautiful and dimensional plummish brown with a brownish/blueish/greenish finish. So dimensional!!!
- The shimmery white-ish ivory is just beautiful. Great for inner corner and highlight!
- Love this silver too (and I am generally a fan of silver shadows). It is not as great as the Silver in my TF Enchanted Glamourland palette (IMHO)...but, still pretty good for a $4.99 palette!
- The black is amazing too! It is highly pigmented and the silver glitter is nice too! I like this best worn as a liner. Very deep black color! :)
- You can really do a great dramatic smokey eye with this set!!! We are talkin drama eyes here, girls!
- The only color that I really haven't had much use with is the red. I think that I might just not be "skilled" enough (or daring enough) to experiment with red on the lid. Those who are using the red color...how are you applying it! I can honestly say that I have never in my life worn red shadow before! (Priscilla @MakeupJunkie88)-I am sure you know how to rock out a Red shadow!!!)
- The liner: Black mini Color Icon pencil eyeliner. This is a black eyeliner with some glitter. Generally, I am so-so about Wet n Wild liners. They are pretty hard liners, and this one is no exception. But, I think that these little liners that come with the palette are the perfect size for your purse! Also, once you warm them up a little on your hand, they apply better. I like this liner best worn *under* the black shadow as a liner.
- Last, but not least, these are great as gifts! I have already picked up a few of these Holiday Palettes as gifts! :)
Dupe Alert!!! Wet n Wild Night Elf Green/Brown vs. Too Faced Label Whore
WnW on Left, Too Faced Label Whore on right
As you can see, they are VERY similar...enough to call it a dupe!
The Too Faced has a bit more green shimmer, but for the most part. Dupe city!
In summary, seriously ladies, run-don't walk-over to your Walgreen's and pick up this fantastic palette!!! The colors are so unique and just "special"! Such complex colors for a drugstore line! This palette would be worth it alone for the TF Label Whore (Or MAC Club) dupe alone...but, that goldish-taupe is amazing too!!! So, you get those two AMAZING shadows...plus the rest of the palette too! And a little liner. Go treat yourself to this affordable awesome palette!!!
WnW Holiday series), I just feel myself getting creative and wanting to try new and different looks. These colors inspire me!!! :)
Hope you enjoyed reading! How are you all liking the WnW Holiday Palettes. Is anyone else having trouble finding them in your area?