Hello there lovely readers! While browsing at Ulta yesterday, I was so excited to discover a "close dupe" for my beloved Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Pillow Talk (from the Enchanted Glamourland Collection, and seriously, Pillow Talk has become my new fav gloss)! Yes, the essence gloss is "pinker"...but, for the look and effect and yummy scent...very similar (especially over my very pigmented lips)! Total rave for both of these glosses!
As you all know, I totally love essence cosmetics line, so I was happy to pick up the gloss as it was only $1.99! What a steal! The essence gloss is the XXXL Nudes Gloss in Nude Kiss.
*both photos show TF on left and essence on right.
Here is my comparison of the two glosses! I *totally* love both glosses!!!
- Same scent! Both glosses have a very sweet scent...it is a very "vanilla" cake-like scent with a hint of mocha?
- Both shades wear as a lovely nude (with the essence more a "pinkish" nude...but, really, the same effect)
- Similar packaging
- Both glosses wear well as they are thick enough to be lasting without being sticky. Good texture on both glosses!
- Both gloss have good pigmentation.
- The Too Faced has a more "milky" finish
- The Too Faced is more a peachy nude and the essence is more of a pinky nude. You can see the difference in the arm swatches, but over my pigmented lips...the shades are *very* close (with the essence just being ever so slightly pinker)
- They are both thick (yet not sticky) glosses. The Too Faced gloss is slightly more dense.
- The Too Faced has a brush applicator wand and the essence has a doe-foot applicator wand.
- Too Faced has gold/iridescent micro fine gitter and the essence has silver/iridescent micro fine glitter...but, neither of these glosses look nor feel overly glittery. And despite the essence having silver not gold micro glitter, again, the effect is very similar on the lips.
- Probably the most major difference is that the Too Faced gloss is a plumper and has a "minty"/mildly tingly or "cooling" feel upon application and the essence gloss does not have this feel.
- The Too Faced Gloss retails at $18 and the essence gloss retails at $1.99!!! :) I got my Too Faced Glamour Gloss in the Enchanted Glamourland Set (which is a good value for the price!).
So, if the price for the Too Faced gloss is too high for you, then you can get a "similar" look with the essence gloss!!! Yay for a near-dupe! It is not an exact dupe, but the overall effect is similar enough to give you the same "look" with your makeup. I really love both glosses equally! Also, there are about 3 other shades in essence's XXXL Nudes line, so there are some other lovely nudes to try...and I bet if you mixed a few of them together, you could get an exact dupe!
I was very excited to find this essence gloss at Ulta!!! The essence display at my Ulta has a ton of new products...so, I am tempted to try more! :)
Hope you enjoyed reading!!!
-Profusion Beauty Wallet: a fail!
-Wet n Wild Holiday Palettes: Night Elf :)