Affiliate Link Blogger Ambassador/Press Sample
Beauty Box Five: April 2014 "Shades of Beauty" Box:
It is time for my monthly Beauty Box 5 Box Opening and Product Review! With the arrival of April and Spring weather, I am all about re-vamping my makeup, skincare, and overall beauty routine. So, I am super excited for my monthly beauty boxes...I need some fresh items to perk up my routine for Spring!
What is Beauty Box 5?
Beauty Box 5 is a monthly subscription service that delivers 5 cosmetic samples to your door for $12 a month. The samples are all deluxe and sometimes the boxes include full-sized products, too! Shipping is free on every box. :) When you subscribe to Beauty Box 5, each month you get a beauty box delivered right to your door! The boxes contain a mix of makeup, beauty accessories, skincare, fragrance, bath& body items, and nail products (Not all of these this month, but something from those categories). Beauty Box 5 is a great way to discover new products or get yourself out of a cosmetics rut!
So, what is inside this month's box? Click "read more" below to find out!
This month's theme revolves around taking more time for yourself. Beauty Box Five tells us that a "breezy spring look is totally worth and extra minute or two". I am all about taking time for myself...but rarely have the time to do so, lol...I guess that is the whole point, right?!?! We should take more time for ourselves!
Lets dive into the box: What is inside???
- BH Cosmetics | California Collection Eyeshadow Palette (full size retails for $18.96 with 16 Eyeshadows and 4 face powders, sample size: 3 eyeshadows. How fun! A mini eyeshadow palette. This little sample contains 3 shades: Hollywood (a deep eggplant purple), San Francisco (a warm medium brown), and Malibu (bright yellow/gold). This little palette is so cute. I love the big BH Cosmetics palettes...and this mini shadow palette is a nice way to try out the brand. While these shades are not typically what I reach for, I am going to have fun playing with it.
- Nicka K New York | Hydro Lipstick (full size! Retails for $4.99): It always thrills me to find a full sized sample in a sample box! I got the shade Begonia which is a rich red. While I am not really a red lipstick girl, this particular shade seems very wearable as it has a pinkish tint to it. Plus, it smells great!
- Blum Naturals | All Puropose Cleansing Wipes (Full size! Retails for $2.49 for 30 wipes): Can I just tell you that I am thrilled about this sample!!! As a mom of a toddler and an infant, I am constantly in need of every sort of wipe! This packaging is genius! I am going to hook it right onto my diaper bag. They contain peppermint oil and aloe vera.
- Jergen's Natural Glow | 3 Days to Glow Moisturizer (Full size retails for $9.99, sample size: 3 foil packets): I am a HUGE fan of Jergen's Natural Glow moisturizers. Actually, I always have some stocked in my bathroom and I use it a few days a week in the Spring and Summer to give some color to my legs. So, I can already tell you that I love this product! While I wish the sample was deluxe sized, I am going to use these little foil packets during travel! That way I don't have to pack my big bottle!
- Bonne Bell | Lip Definer (Full sized! Retails for $3.95): As a fan of Bonne Bell's lip balms and lip glosses, I am excited to try the lip liner! The natural rose shade is universally wearable and flattering! A great addition to the box!
Overall, I am really happy with the assortment in my Beauty Box Five box this month. There are brands that I know and love as well as new-to-me brands that I am excited to try out. Plus, there is a nice balance between body products and makeup. A super fun box!
My fellow Beauty Box Fivers, were you happy with this months box? I seriously think that the wipes were my favorite item!
As always, thanks for reading!