Hello there my dear readers!!! I am here with a *Dupe Alert* today!!!
I am on such a nail-polish kick lately! Maybee my nails have just finally gotten in good enough shape to wear the polish well (and look better for swatching photos)! Either way, I felt like a giddy teenager when I saw Katy Perry's OPI collection photos in magazines and then swatches and reviews on various blogs (15 Minute Beauty Fanatic and All Lacquered Up). I just had to run out to my local Ulta to check it out!!!
Katy Perry is the epitome of girliness-with-an-edge...she is punky-pretty. A look which I try to pull off, well at least with my nails (and minus the blue hair and plastic clothing, lol). But, hey, the girls got great nails! Brilliant marketing to pair Katy Perry's style with OPI's Fab polish.
I tried in vain to get my hands on Black Shatter, but it was out of stock at both Ulta's that I checked. If anyone spots it anywhere online...please let me know! I must try this!!!
So, I decided upon Teenage Dream. What a must have super-beautiful, super-girly, and *totally over the top* sparkly pretty polish! I mean, ya'll that know me know that I am down with glitter!!!
For more of the review and the dupe comparison, please keep reading after the jump!
Of course, as I was looking at it, I kept thinking that it looks *just like* the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Strobe Light that I had just purchased last week. Well, I got the Teenage Dream anyway! Too pretty to resist, lol! The polish is absolutely gorgeous!!! It makes me so happy to just look at my sparkly pretty nails!
While I am thrilled with my OPI Teenage Dream purchase, I gotta tell ya'll, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear is a really close dupe, for about 1/2 the price (and it might be easier to find).
So, I did a side-by-side comparison. And, yep...dupe! But, I will go over the slight variations with you.
OPI Teenage Dream vs. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Strobe Light
- One Coat: They look identical
- Two Coats: Still pretty much identical...
- Three Coats: The Sally Hansen is just slightly pinker and the pink micro shimmer appears more "dense". You will get a more "solid" pink background glitter color with the OPI.
- The micro shimmer in the OPI is much finer milled and of a higher concentration.The pink glitter in the Sally Hansen is a tiny bit bigger (upon VERY close inspection). At first glance, they still look pretty much identical.
- The larger silver/iridescent glitter particles are identical.
- When worn as a topcoat, these would look pretty much identical as well.
- I prefer the shape of the OPI brush.
These polishes are both *beautiful*! So fun and girly to wear!!!