Hello Lovely Readers! I have another Too Faced review for ya: Too Faced Too Go Fairy Edition!
As ya'll know, Too Faced has become on of my favorite makeup brands. I adore my Too Faced Enchanted Glamourland Palette so much, that I was intrigued by this pocket-sized palette in the same "Fairy" themed collection. Too Faced has had a number of these "Glamour to Go" pocket sized palettes. I believe they are Glamour to Go, Glamour to Go II, Glamour to Go III, and this new Fairy Edition. The idea is to have a very small compact with all your color cosmetics for eyes, cheeks, and lips.
My thoughs on Too Faced "Glamour to Go" Fairy Edition:
- This Fairy Edition houses 8 eye shadows (2 matte and 6 shimmer), a blush, a bronzer, and a lipgloss.
- This compact really holds a LOT of product considering how TINY it is! Wow!
- The compact itself is quite sturdy. Its a black shiny/hard plastic with a light blue sticker on top that has the Too Faced Fairy Design. Very girlie and cute packaging. The top snaps opens to reveal the shadows and a nice size mirror. The bottom slides open to reveal the blush, lipcolor, and bronzer. The design really is pretty genius for getting as much product as possible into a tiny little compact. There is no wasted space!
- I like that there is a mix of matte and shimmer shadows in the palette (good variety and adds dimension to your look).
- Interesting color selection! These shades coordinate nicely with my blue eyes. I especially love the peachy/pink shimmery shade, the blue shade, the bronze shade, and the brown matte shade. I love using the dark brown as an upper lash line liner and the pale blue as a lower lash line liner. The shimmery peachy pink is great on the lids and really makes my blue eyes "pop". While I like the colors, I find that I need to reach for other shadows from my makeup collection to "complete" my eye looks.
- Pigmentation seems to vary with these shadows. I find that with my uber-pale skin that the matte pink and the shimmery champagne shadows dont really show up on my skin. So, really, I find that I am not using all the shadows in this kit. Kinda hit-or-miss with me on the shadow colors. The bronze, blue, gold, and peach are nicely pigmented and I reach for these shades the most. The liner shades are well pigmented too.
- Lets talk about the blush: I *totally love and adore* this beautiful blush!!! It is a matte medium-bright, well pigmented, pink. Wow! I apply with a light hand (as it is VERY pigmented) and it *really* brightens up my winter-pale complexion. So pretty!!!!
- The lipcolor is a nice sheer neutral brownish pink. It is one of those colors that I find universally flattering to all skin tones. It has a lovely vanilla-like scent that just makes the entire palette smell yummy. I mean, serious, LOL, I smell this palette every time I open it. Yes, I know...I am a NUT! :) The lipcolor is very creamy and moisturizing and applies well with a lipbrush.
- Okay, lets talk about this bronzer...OMG, I LOVE it!!! This is the *ideal* bronzer for my fair skin. I just apply a light sweep of bronzer with my mini Ecotools kabuki brush (because of the small pan size) to the "3" areas. It makes me look instantly "healthier". I have to be careful with bronzers on my fair skin because they can look "muddy" on me...but not this one...just lightly shimmery and beautiful sheer color.
- For me, this palette is worth it for the blush and bronzer alone...but, you also get a very wearable lipshade and 8 shadows...so, really, you can't go wrong here. Especially for the great price of $19.99.
- Great for travel or for your purse! The small size of this compact makes it perfect for "On the Go" (hense the whole "Glamour to Go" name). This gives you most of the products you need for a complete look (but as I mentioned, I tend to add other shadows from my collection when creating eye looks with this palette).
- I find that I reach for this palette mostly for the blush, bronzer, and when I want to use that beautiful blue shadow to line my lower lash line.
You can clearly see how pigmented this blush is!
I wouldn't apply this heavily on my face :) Just wanted to show
you a good swatch!
So, in summary, a rave for this palette (especially because of the bronzer, blush, and the peachy/pink and blue shadow). This palette would make an adorable stocking stuffer. Especially for girlie girls because of the Fairy theme. Have any of ya'll tried any other Too Faced "Glamour to Go" palettes? Would love to hear how you are liking those. I love a good "travel" palette and would love to investigate the other "Glamour to Go" compacts.
Hope you enjoyed reading! Have a great day!!!