Redken All Soft Line: Review and *total rave*!
Hello readers! Have you tried Redken? It is my absolute fav line of haircare products. This is my first post in a series of articles dedicated to my love of all things Redken!!! I have tried many products by Redken in a variety of their hair-care ranges. So, I will start off with my personal favorite line by Redken: The All Soft line.
FYI: I have long straight thick hair that is fine in texture. It is naturally a dark blond, but I get it highlighted to a light blond color. My hair is dry from the highlights. I always look for shampoos/conditioners/treatment products that are moisturizing, strengthening, detangling, and smoothing. My big "splurge" on myself is going to the salon every 8-10 weeks for highlights. So, I figure, if I am going to fork out the $$ for great highlights...I must take good care of my hair!
The All Soft Line by Redken is ideal for dry, damaged or color treated/highlighted hair. It is my go-to shampoo/conditioner/treatment for moisture. I have repurchased these products over and over again so many times...I can't even count. Total HG status!!! If I want a good hair day...I wash with this hair care line (I do alternate shampoos as I do like trying new things...and sometimes I wash with a protein shampoo. I tend to rotate washing with protein shampoos-either Aphogee or Joico-and a moisturizing one...and occasionally a color correcting one).
Tip: "Evaluate" your hair before you wash it. If it is dry: wash with a moisturizing shampoo (like All Soft). If your hair has had a lot of breakage: either do a protein treatment or wash with a protein shampoo. If your hair has some brassiness: wash with a purple color corrector or do a color correction treatment (please stay tuned for upcoming reviews on various color correction options!!!).
All Soft Shampoo:
- LOVE the scent...has a sweet honey-type scent. So yummy!
- Thick, rich, and concentrated shampoo.
- Lathers well and leaves hair relatively detangled (if you need to comb out your hair for a protein treatment in between washing and conditioning...this is a great shampoo to use as you can comb out your hair pretty well without conditioner).
- Cleanses hair without over drying.
All Soft Conditioner:
- Thick rich conditioner with the same great scent as the shampoo.
- Rinses "clean" no greasy residue...just great moisturized hair.
- I apply this from the roots down about to the middle of my hair (I apply the deep conditioner (All Soft Heavy Cream) on the ends: see below)
All Soft Heavy Cream:
- Deep conditioning hair mask with the same awesome scent as the rest of the All Soft Line.
- Super thick formula...it really coats your hair.
- My hair is dry enough to use this more than once a week. I use this every time I wash with All Soft: I apply to the bottom 1/3 of my hair (the ends and just above). I use the regular All Soft Conditioner on the top 2/3 of my hair and just concentrate the Heavy Cream on the ends).
- About 1x per week or 1x every 2 weeks: I use this on my whole head.
- This product amazes me as it is sooooooo moisturizing and thick...yet it doesn't weigh my hair down! Granted...I do have very thick dry hair...but, still, I have not noticed it weighing my hair down at all.
I love how my hair styles after washing/conditioning/deep treating with the All Soft Line. My hair is left shiny, detangled, and bouncy. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!
Another great thing about Redken...the price! Yes, this is a salon brand, but one of the most affordable brands. With Redken, you get high quality products at a great price. Typically, I buy when Ulta is doing the "Buy 2 get one free" sales...and I always by the Shampoo in a Liter bottle and add a big pump. Ulta has Liter sales periodically where the whole liter is, I believe? $19.99 (and it lasts me forever).
I couldn't recommend this brand any higher!!! Thank you Redken for these great products!!!
Hope you all enjoyed reading. Any other Redken fans out there? What products do you like?
Have a fantastic weekend!!!
-Redken Blonde Glam review
-Redken Extreme Review
-Mario Badescu Sample review