Don't you love stumbling across unexpectedly cute things while on a random trip to the drugstore!!! This cute little set literally "jumped out at me" while I was waiting at the beauty counter to checkout. I have been wanting to try the eos balms for quite some time and figured this gift set was the way to do it! 3 cute lip balms and an *adorable* case. This is great because I can keep one balm in my purse, one by my bedside, and one on my desk at work. :)
My lips get so dry in the colder weather so this is a *perfect* time to test out new lip balms. So, for the purposes of this review. I have used *only* eos balms for moisture this past week.
In the gift set:
- Honeysuckle Honeydew: (light green container) This is my fave scent/flavor of the group! It really does smell like Honeydew melon (which I love). :)
- Lemon Drop (the only one with SPF 15): Smells of lemon (hence the name), love that this one includes an SPF 15, wish they all did! This is the one I keep in my purse because of the SPF 15.
- Summer Fruit: Not that crazy about the scent of this one (reminds me of cough syrup!), but that's just me! :)
Cosmetic Case: The case has a "summery" feel and would be a great addition to any pool bag! I am thinking that this will become my new makeup case for my purse as I love makeup bags that you can see through. When I grab my cosmetics bag from my purse, I am usually in some sort of "hurry" to reapply and I just think that a see-through case minimizes the digging you do to find your desired product.
- Totally cute and unique packaging. I have honestly never tried a balm quite like this!
- Unique size and shape make it easy to find in your purse. And, it looks cute sitting out on your counter or nightstand. :)
- Love the "soft" texture of the container. Its that "fuzzy" plastic feel. :) Hard to describe (does that make sense)...kinda like the NARS soft packaging.
- After using these exclusively (no other lip balms used) for over a week, I must say, my lips are in great condition! The only other product that I used before starting this "test" was LUSH's Bubblegum Sugar Scrub (which really prepped my lips well for this test).
- Somewhat hard balm. It warms a bit as you rub it into your lips.
- Waxy, yet moisturizing base makes it the *ideal* prep for lipstick/liner/gloss. I had been using Smith's Rosebud Salve to prep my lips for makeup. But, I think that was almost too moisturizing and color would not last as long. I feel the EOS works much better as a "base" for your lip color!
- Because of the cute shape and flavor/scent of this lip balm, I actually felt myself "wanting" to apply it more!
- These would make a great gift/stocking stuffer!
- Petroleum and Paraban free
Verdict: I *LOVE* these cute little balms! I will totally repurchase these! :)
Hope you enjoyed reading!
-Redken: Blond Glam Review